A versatile, analytical and hard-working Project Manager/Test Manager with a practical hands-on approach, who always perseveres to achieve the best results in setting and developing existing channels, responsible for planning, executing, controlling and closing projects delivering business value and delighting stakeholders. He appointed as a software engineer in the field of testing for a VoIP platform continued also in the application area. He leaded a team of 30 people in the application software testing, acting as technical project manager with the main focus to be the synchronization and clarification of any open/undefined product testing requirements. Currently he is acting as project manager to the Software Development House of Siemens Greece supporting all test activities including products such as telecommunication applications, EU projects (EESSI), Scrum master advisor and technologies including vectors such as Microsoft, IBM, and all modern Operating Systems (Windows server, Linux). His tasks also include the training of engineers in new areas and processes.
The consultant has excellent expertise in RUP and UML methodologies as well as Agile and Scrum Processes holding certification as Scrum Master and Scrum Product owner. During his work experience in Siemens he had acquired as Technical Account manager to deliver and support solutions based on IT products and technologies (web enterprise applications). He served as the delivery point of contact throughout the product support lifecycle, delivering excellent, analytical, quality and organisational skills. Financial controller in EU projects (bidding and follow up), together as a proposal writer in IT projects (e.g. medical solution to improve quality in ICU KAT, SIS GR business development for healthcare)
Software Competitiveness International 08/2011- Present
QA / Software Project Manager Consultant
• Technical Project management in the test department.
• Responsible for QA of Network Management System of Optical Networks.
• Business Analysis of new requirements.
• MTOSI standard consultant.
• Software process consultant using iterative/scrum approach.
Syntax I.T. & Management Consultants 03/2011- 07/2011
Scrum/Agile Process Consultant
• Process and agile implementation on customer site.
• Technical support to Serena Agile tool.
• Introduce new test techniques in test department based on agile principles.
• Hands on product capabilities by applying customer requests.
• Organize customer teams to new development processes and potentiality.
• Monitor customer projects based on agile implementation.
Siemens IT Solutions & Services 2008- 2011
Technical Project Manager / Test Manager
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools (Microsoft project).
• Track project milestones and deliverables
• Technical manager (Line manager for Testing): Follow and co ordinate technical matters acting as a facilitator. Follow up operations, issue tasks, clarify issues and prevent potential problems.
• Acting as Test manager for web/enterprise applications. Definition of test plans, test cases based on use case specifications.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Lead a team of technical staff through defining the requirements for several support applications for the use of customer services staff.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Member of the business development team of SIS GR responsible for Healthcare solutions.
• Proposal in KAT regarding workflow in intensive care unit remote monitoring.
• Financial Controller responsible for web/applications projects such as AIDCO, EMOS, ECDC and sharepoint projects. Act as a guardian of the Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Bidding and tender support for EU projects such as Tessy training, sharepoint services and offsite development assignments.
• Assist in the amendment of the Sales strategy. Increase market shares through existing channels improvement and new channel development. Develop professional relationships of mutual trust and comprehensive customer service.
• Product manager for software engineering service in SIS SWE cluster.
• Member of HR selection procedure. Delivered efficient recruitment processes by identifying, sourcing and matching candidates to the needed requirements per project.
• Single point of Contact in SIS Greece for the bidding proposal (co operation with SIS Belgium).
• EESSI: The mission of EESSI project is to ensure free movement of workers for all EU nationals and to coordinate the social security schemes in the EU, so that every EU national may work and live in any EU country without being disadvantaged in relation to social security and healthcare. To that end, DG EMPL procured the construction of EESSI – an information system for electronic exchange of social security information, in order to support its mission.
• ESP DESIS II award.
• Tessy training at ECDC premises.
• Customer release of the EESSI project
• Awarded five slots of ESP DESIS II.
• Successful completion of three sessions of Tessy training
Siemens Enterprise Communications 2004- 2008
Quality Assurance Manager / Test Manager
• Manage of 30 employees across 3 locations including large offshore and third party contractors.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Responsible for a team of Test Analysts as well as functional responsibilities aligned with improving product quality (company guidelines and standards).
• Manage handover activities from Germany to Greece. Responsible for cost optimization, effort estimation, installation and maintenance of equipment material, together with cost reduction at all project phase.
• Test manager of HiPath8000 Assistant and Openscape applications. Developing, documenting and maintain test cases (manual, automated), test plans, test procedures and test strategies. Analyze, report defects and provide test metrics.
• Responsible for product training (H8K Assistant).
• Responsible for the planning and follow-up of HiPath8000 Assistant and Openscape projects (testing).
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to project members
• Create and follow planning schedules. Evaluation of project deliverables
• Manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• HiPath8000 Assistant
• Openscape Applications part of the symphonia project.
• Customer release of HiPath800 Assistant V2.0, V2.1, V2.2, V3
• Successful training session to external customers.
• Successful handover activities.
Siemens Enterpirse Communications (Germany) 2003- 2004
Senior Software Engineering, Germany
• Openscape V2.1, V2.2, V3.0 applications based on service oriented architecture (SOA) based on symphonia common services V2.0 and symphonia framework V2.0
• Project and product presentation to external customers.
• Technical support in Linux environment of the HiPath8000.
• Responsible for the use case specifications and test analysis.
• HiPath 8000 platform.
• Optipoint family handsets terminals.
Liverpool John Moores University 2000-2001
• UV laser methods.
• Research on plastic optical fibers
• Interferometer, Fabry-Perot, methods.
• Teaching activities.
• UV laser photo-induced refractive index changes in Poly-Methylmethacrylate and plastic optical fibres for application as sensors and devices.
National Kapodistrian University 2009-2010
BA Business Administration
University of Liverpool 2000-2001
Liverpool John Moores University 1996-2000
B.Sc (Hons) Electrical Electronic Engineering & Physics
certifications - seminars
PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate in Project Management 2014
AXELOS Global Best Practice, License 4983377.20260434
ITIL® v3 Foundation (ITILF) 2014
AXELOS Global Best Practice, License 4983377.20248339
ISTQB-ISEB CTFL 2014
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, License sr7442856
EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation (CLOUDF) 2014
EXIN, License 4983377.20254809
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) 2009
Scrum Alliance, Munich, Germany, Scrum Alliance, License Mmeber ID 15809
Project Management Training (PMP) certification 2009
PMI, Athens ITEC, Greece
ISO 9001-2000 Certification (Internal/External) 2008
Checkpoint, Athens, Greece, STAREGISTER, License AX112775
Certification in occupational health and safety issues 2008 Siemens, Greece
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) 2007
Scrum Alliance, Munich, Germany, Scrum Alliance, License Member ID 15809
Software Group Education IBM (RFT, Java scripting) 2005 IBM, Munich, Germany
Managerial Courses (Certified): EEDE: Presentation techniques, Time and stress management, successful negotiations, negotiation techniques, psychology management. ALBA University: Management of Projects. ITEC: Project management basics, PMP preparation. Siemens: Agility in the large, Strategy and management, collaboration in global software projects, Health and safety training by siemens scoring 95%.
additional information – professional membership
Member of the PMI community (Member ID: 1116630)
Member of the Scrum Alliance Community (Member ID: 000015809)
pc technical skills – languages
Microsoft Office, Microsoft windows (Ms Project 2003, ECDL certificate, etc).
Rational Test manager, Rational Functional tester, Load runner, VoIP advance, ICND1 and ICND2, Java scripting, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.2, Subversion SCM, Trac 0.11, TCP/IP Networks, IBM Rational ClearQuest, , SUSE Linux v.9/v10 (CentOS), SAP, Java: Eclipse, SQL, CSS, Unix (Solaris). MTOSI, SQL.
English (fluent), Greek (Mothen tongue language),German (Beginners), French (Beginners)
Waterfall, AGILE (with Scrum), Rational Unified Process (RUP).
Available upon request