- “Personal Data” Explained
- Our Data Protection and Data Privacy Principles
- Types of Personal Data We Collect
- How We Collect and Use Personal Data
- Retention of Personal Data
- Sharing of Personal Data
- Social Plugins, Social Media Widgets, and Connecting via Social Networks
- Other Websites
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Online Tracking
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Business Transactions
- California Privacy Rights
- Users in the European Union, European Economic Area, and Switzerland
- Contact Us
1. “Personal Data” Explained
As used in this policy, “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Non-personal Information” means any information other than Personal Data that SAI
may collect from you, such as anonymized data.
2. Our Data Protection and Data Privacy Principles
We have implemented reasonable security features that are designed to prevent loss, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized release of, or access to, Personal Data provided to us. We have designed our websites to limit the collection and processing of Personal Data.
Notwithstanding our efforts, no security system is impenetrable and the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via our website or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. SAI is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. If you do not want to communicate with us via the Internet, you may contact us by mail at the address set forth below in the “Contact Us” section.
To help maintain the security of your Personal Data, SAI asks that you please notify it immediately of any unauthorized visit, access or use of the SAI websites or the loss or unauthorized use of your login information for the websites (e.g., username or password).
3. Types of Personal Data We Collect
The Personal Data we collect about you depends upon how you choose to use our websites. Depending upon your use, we may collect and process usage data, your name, email, phone number, address, gender, photograph, biographical information, work history, payment card information, any dietary restrictions in connection with event registrations, username, password, security responses, and your IP address. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
4. How We Collect and Use Personal Data
We collect certain Personal Data about you when you visit our websites. We collect additional Personal Data when you set up an account or make other voluntary, active uses of our websites.
We may also obtain your Personal Data from third-parties such as course providers and/or other third-parties who may obtain your consent from you to share your Personal Data with us or as permitted by applicable law.
We use your Personal Data to monitor website usage, protect our websites, administer your account, award any certifications you have earned, populate your online profile, process payments for membership and certification renewals, and facilitate training. More specific details about those types of Personal Data and how we process them are provided below:
- Usage data. Usage data includes: home server domain name, date and time of visit to our websites, type of computer, the originating IP address, files downloaded, type of search engine used, operating system used, and the web browser of site visitors. We collect this information when you visit our sites. We use this data to improve our websites, conduct analytics, and provide relevant advertising.
- Account Information. You are required to provide your email, username, password, and security responses when you set up an account and seek certification. We use the information to create and administer the account, and award certifications. Based on your personal settings, we may contact you with information about your account or with marketing and event messages.
- Other Information You Choose to Provide. You may provide us with different types of information depending upon your use of our websites. From time to time, we may collect information when you choose to contact us through our websites or take other voluntary actions, such as participating in a contest, responding to a survey, submitting a proposal to present at one of our events, volunteering to assist us with our events, joining a user group, posting in a forum, or otherwise submitting content on a community page. We process this information to consider and respond to your inquiries and comments, administer our contests, analyze our survey responses, select presenters for our events, coordinate volunteer activities, operate our website, and otherwise fulfill requests you have made.
- Profile data. Profile data includes your phone number, address, gender, photograph, biological information, and work history. To set up a profile, you will need to provide us with your name, email, and mailing address. The other categories of profile data set forth above are optional. You only provide them to us if you want to do so. The information is used to populate your online profile
- Your payment card information. We use your payment card information to process payment for any orders you make, including membership and certification renewals.
- Certification information. When you take a test to obtain a certification, we obtain your name and test score. We obtain this information in order to award you certification, if earned. We also collect and store any continuing education you self-report in order to maintain your certifications.
- Dietary restrictions. If you register for an event that includes one or more meals, we will ask you if you have any dietary restrictions. If you provide this information to us, we will share it with our catering and servers to ensure that you receive meals meeting your restrictions.
5. Retention of Personal Data
The Personal Data and/or Non-Personal Information that we obtain about you will be retained for as long as it is reasonably necessary for a business purpose. For any lifetime memberships or certifications, we will retain your Personal Data unless and until you ask us to delete it.
6. Sharing of Personal Data
We will share your Personal Data only with other SAI entities, volunteers, business partners, or third party service providers: (1) acting on our behalf to provide you with our products, services or otherwise fulfill your requests; (2) acting on our behalf to send you marketing and event materials, newsletters, surveys, polls, or other communications; (3) partnering with us to deliver joint services, content, events, conferences, seminars, or other programs; (4) working with us to provide you with membership benefits; (5) assisting us with obtaining sponsorships for our events; (6) coordinating volunteers (7) providing event facilities or lodging; and (8) supporting our operations through software, system, and platform assistance, cloud hosting, and data analytics.
- We use vendors to assist us with managing online shopping carts, processing payments, delivering relevant marketing to you, offering exclusive benefits you may be entitled to as a member, such as digital badges, administering certification exams, and analyzing and enhancing data.
- If you would like to present at one of our events and have submitted a proposal for our consideration, we will share your submission with subject matter experts who have volunteered to assist us in evaluating proposals and selecting presenters.
- If you have volunteered to assist us with an event, we will share your name and contact information with the volunteer coordinator for the event.
- Sponsor and exhibitors at Scrum Alliance events may ask to scan your event badge so that they can contact you with additional information. Scrum Alliance offers a third party company to provide badge scanning services to those exhibitors who request it. By allowing an exhibitor to scan your badge you are consenting to have the third party provide the exhibitor with your contact information, and you may be contacted by the exhibitor post-event. If you do not want the exhibitor to contact you, please do not allow them to scan your badge or communicate this directly with the exhibitor at the event or a later date.
We may share aggregate data on website visitors’ home servers with third parties, such as marketing firms.
We will not sell, rent, or lease any Personal Data without your permission, except as related to a merger, acquisition, or other business transaction as addressed below.
7. Social Plugins, Social Media Widgets, and Connecting Via Social Networks
Our websites include different types of “social plugins” and social media widgets.
If you do not want to be tracked by social media widgets, log out of all social networks you’re logged in to before visiting our website.
If you choose to log in to our website using a social networking service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to allow you to enable your log in and other information you may choose to share when you connect with those services.
If you do not want to be tracked by Google Analytics on our websites, you can download and install this browser add-on: Click Here
In connection with any transaction that you conduct on or in relation to the SAI websites, you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to the transaction, including, without limitation, your credit card number and expiration date, your billing address, your shipping address, your phone number and/or your email. By submitting such information, you consent to providing such information to third parties (e.g., payment processing companies) for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
10. Other Websites
11. Children Under the Age of 13
Our websites are not intended for children. No one under age 13 may provide any personal data on our websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our websites. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
12. Online Tracking
SAI does not respond to “do not track” (DNT) signals.
13. Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Business Transactions
SAI may decide to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganize its business. If that occurs, you will be notified via email or a prominent notice on our website of any ownership change and any changes in the use of your Personal Data. These types of transactions may involve the disclosure of Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. We seek appropriate protection for Personal Data in these types of transactions.
14. California Privacy Rights
SAI is not subject to regulation under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Therefore, even if you are a California resident and SAI may have personal information about you that is the type of the information subject to the CCPA, the CCPA is not applicable to SAI or to our relationship with you. However, if you are a resident of the State of California and SAI has an established business relationship with you, then you have certain privacy rights pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code. You have the right to request the following at any time: (a) information from SAI free of charge regarding the manner in which SAI shares certain Personal Data collected through the website with third parties who use that information for direct marketing purposes; and (b) the discontinuation (or opt-out) of SAI’s sharing of the information with those third parties. Please submit any requests (“California Privacy Rights Request”) to [email protected] with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights.”
For each California Privacy Rights Request, please state “Your California Privacy Rights” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
SAI is not responsible for a California Privacy Rights Request that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent.
15. Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
In certain circumstances, we may transfer the Personal Data of residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) and/or the United Kingdom through data controllers such as a course or certification provider. In these circumstances, we enter into appropriate agreements with the course provider or other third party, including the use of Standard Contractual Clauses.
15.1 Data Controller
SAI is the data controller of the Personal Data you provide on our websites.
You may contact SAI at [email protected] or by mail:
Scrum Alliance, Inc.
7237 Church Ranch Blvd. #410
Westminster, CO 80021 USA
15.2 Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis for Processing
If you reside in the United Kingdom or in a country in the European Union, you are entitled to an explanation of the legal bases upon which we rely to process your Personal Data. The legal bases for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the context in which we collect the data and the Personal Data at issue. These legal bases include the following: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform a contract when you request services; (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing you with our products and services, enhancing our web services, conducting analytics and delivering relevant advertising; (4) to comply with a legal obligation (e.g., to defend against a claim against us or if we bring a claim against you, providing information to law enforcement or governmental authorities or to comply with legal process).
It may also be necessary for SAI to process personal information to establish exercise or defend against fraud, illegal activity, and claims and other potential liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the services we provide.
15.3 Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
- Access and Confirmation. You have the right to ask us if we process Personal Data about you, and in some circumstances, to obtain a copy of your Personal Data.
- Deletion and Blocking. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to have your Personal Data deleted or blocked without undue delay.
- Direct Marketing. You have the right to object to our processing of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Consent. To the extent we are processing Personal Data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Data Portability. Under certain circumstances, to the extent we are processing your Personal Data on the basis of consent, or that it is necessary to perform a contract with you, and the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive the Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
To exercise those rights, please contact us at [email protected] or by mail:
Scrum Alliance, Inc.
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
7237 Church Ranch Blvd. #410
Westminster, CO 80021 USA
16. Contact Us
Should you have any further questions or suggestions regarding the protection of your Personal Data processed in connection with the use of our websites, please contact us at [email protected].
- Third Party Advertising Cookies
A “cookie” is a small text file that is stored on computers, tablets, mobile phones, and any device used to browse the Internet, capable of storing navigation information for statistical or functional purposes. Some cookies may be used to recognize the user viewing a particular website, make navigation easier, and customize the content. For example, cookies allow us to remember your actions and preferences so that you do not have to re-enter information each time you visit our site or navigate to another page. Cookies also allow us to keep track of items you add to your shopping cart.
There are several types of cookies, including, for example, browser cookies, session cookies, and persistent cookies.
While browsing on our websites, SAI may collect information about traffic flow and visits to the pages of our domain “scrumalliance.org.” This information, obtained through cookies, will be treated in a secure manner.
We use different types of “cookies” on our website. We use session cookies and cookies that remember your language and time zone preferences.
For further information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser to accept or reject the setting of all or certain cookies, or to request to be notified when a cookie is set. Each browser has specific configuration instructions. However, please be aware that the blocking of cookies may have the effect that you will not be able to use all of our website functions.
2. Third Party Advertising Cookies
We do not control the third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the provider directly. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website: www.networkadvertising.org. In the EU, you may opt out at www.youronlinechoices.com.
3. Additional Cookie information can be seen via Cookiebot at the bottom of this page.