Yahoo, Senior program manager
September 2009 - Present, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1. Delivery management of Yahoo Global Homepage (www.yahoo.com), Mobile Media for key Yahoo Media properties such as News, Finance, Sports, Entertainment and other properties and Toolbar Portfolio
2. Successfully delivered multiple software product releases (2 weeks) with predictable schedule and quality across multi-shore teams partnering with marketing, product, editorial, engineering, quality and integration teams using Agile Scrum
3. Built strong governance models to track complex programs effectively
4. Responsible for rallying Agile Scrum implementation for planning and execution with a key focus on metrics collection
5. Yahoo Global Homepage Experience report got selected for Agile 2012 India conference http://submit2012india.agilealliance.org/user/5943
Encora Inc, Program Director
May 2007 - September 2009, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1. Setup and managed cross-functional collaborative development labs - product management, engineering, support teams for Exeros, Toolking, and 4medica
2. Demonstrated the delivery and governance models to new clients during pre-sales discussions
3. Transitioned the organizational competence from maintaining products to new product development. Grew the services revenue and profitability under tough business conditions
4. Instrumental in leading the CMMi Level3 certification program from planning to gap analysis, execution, control - SQA audits and check point reviews
5. Established a clear customer focus and feedback mechanism, which led to high touch with customers, product enhancement and high customer satisfaction.
6. Piloted XP practices in one of the customer labs, 4 medica and able to sucessfully leverages test driven develpment
McAfee, Development Manager
April 2006 - May 2007, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1. Led the product engineering for McAfee Quarantine Manager, Security Shield, Portal Shield and Web Shield SMTP products (Enterprise add-ins for MS ISA, SharePoint and Exchange Server).
2. L3 support for APAC and NA Customers for MQM and Point products
3. Successful transition of MQM from McAfee UK Labs and ramped up new teams to deliver one of the largest releases outside post transition. Consolidated point products roadmap and strategy under tough business challenges
4. Defined Roadmaps and worked with other functional teams to translate the strategy and roadmaps to actual committed plans. Played product owner role for platform upgrades for these products along with engineering responsbilities
5. Led the organization initiative of running training program for fresh college grads - Complete ownership from faculty evaluations, training inputs, invoicing, actual training, employee evaluation and assign them to projects
Symphony Services, Development Manager
June 2004 - March 2006, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1. Responsible for design and development of Hyperion Enterprise and Hyperion Reporting products as per the statement of work.
2. Successfully delivered multiple software product releases, with predictable schedule and quality. Delivered largest releases outside US which contributed to a significant increase in product revenues.
3. Got the ‘Developer of the Month’ and ‘Release Champion’ Awards from Hyperion, US for delivering one of the largest product releases outside US
4. Represented Hyperion Enterprise product at Hyperion International Conference at Barcelona to demonstrate the product to customers and steered the customer advisory board meetings
5. Demonstrated best practices from MS and PM Center of Excellence to new clients during pre-sales discussions
IBM Software Labs, Technical Lead
June 2000 - June 2004, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1. Transitioned and led the L3 support for TXSeries DCICS from IBM Pittsburgh and UK labs to IBM India (first product in IBM India to have complete ownership)
2. Led the development effort for first Core Banking Solutions for Vysya Bank on ATM and the Batch Interfaces modules.
3. Handled critical customer escalations from North America, EMEA and APAC regions. Recognized for solving the maximum number of customer escalations
4. Implemented e-tracks metrics tool to track support metrics across ISL. Asset Based Services has reviewed e-TRACKS reuse and rated with 5 stars.
5. Wrote a Redbook on Patterns: Information aggregation and integration with DB2 Information Integrator at IBM Almaden Research Centre, USA - http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247101.html
6. Represented IBM at REC Trichy as a Chief Guest and Judge for 'All India MCA Meet' to deliver a technical talk on ‘e-business on demand’ as a part of the Industry-University Relationship Program.
7. Represented IBM at 'e-ISA conference' at Chennai to deliver a technical talk on ‘Digital Security Issues and Challenges’ as a part of Industry - Government Relationship Program.
VJIL Consulting, Software Engineer
April 1997 - May 2000, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1. Developed Business applications with Microsoft Technologies - Win32, MFC, VC++, ATL COM, SQL Server on Windows platform
2. Developed an analytical application for Sales analysis using MS OLAP Services with Oracle and MS SQL Server as the operational stores and staging databases
3. Imparted Corporate training to esteemed clients such as Wipro InfoTech, Informatics, IRISET, Telesis Technologies Private Limited, World Telecom India on C++, VC++, SQL Serve