McKinsey & Company, Agile Coach
January 2014 - Present,
Agile Coach as part of McKinsey's digital labs/advisory practice.
Facilitation and Co-Training: CSM, Facilitator and Co-Trainer: CSM
September 2013 - September 2013, Los Angeles, CA, United States
Facilitation and Co-Training: CSM Course
Facilitation: CSM, Facilitator
September 2013 - September 2013, San Diego, CA, United States
CSM course: Facilitation as an experienced Scrum Master
Genalyte, Inc, Architect/Agile Coach
June 2012 - June 2013, San Diego, CA, United States
(Biotech) Led Agile transformation for a biotech startup: Agile Training, Embedded Coaching, Tool Selection and Implementation, Software Development.
- Harmonized good agile practices with the constrants of FDA medical device certification
- Trained internal staff on values, principles and practices
- Introduced XP practices including TDD and pair programming
AT&T, Principal Agile Coach
April 2010 - April 2011, Middletown, NJ, United States
(Telecom) Led a team of 5 Agile coaches in an enterprise-wide Agile transformation for the AT&T Research Group with a heavy emphasis on Organizational Change Management.
This project started with a pilot of a single team on a single project moving away from AT&Ts proprietary SDLC process to Scrum. After achieving a level of success with the single project, we scaled the rollout across 10 scrum teams working on a single program.
Solar Turbines, Agile Coach and Program Manager
August 2009 - March 2010, San Diego, CA, United States
As the Agile Program Manager for Solar Turbines $5 million ‘Engineering Office of the Future’ program I led a technical team of 45 (40 local/5 offshore) for 10 months, implementing a new Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Reduced engineering part proliferation by 40%, saving 20% in engineering change management overhead and enabling 40% part reuse.
- Enabled effective Bill of Material comparison and management, reducing design engineering labor requirements by 15%, and reducing cycle time by 10%.
- Employed lean operational management and business engagement techniques to drive project deliverables.
United States Air Force, Scrum Master
October 2008 - March 2009, , United States
- Realized $1 million in value per air exercise based on network outage awareness.
- Saved 1000 man hours/year by enabling additional real-time analysis capabilities.
- Reduced implementation $2 million in implementation costs by enabling data re-use.
- Managed risks, issues, impediments and project bottlenecks.
Yahoo, Scrum Master
January 2007 - March 2008,
- Introduced robust software development lifecycle processes resulting in a decrease of 80% in the number of new software defects.
- Managed the adoption of test automation, which led to a decrease of 50% in the test-release cycle time.
- Led the adoption of desktop virtualization, leading to a 75% decrease IT infrastructure overhead.--
- Helped to introduce Scrum/Agile as an execution discipline as well as XP practices, resulting in the office being recognized as an ‘Engineering Center of Excellence’ within Yahoo.
- Acted as Subject Matter Expert on process, methodology, and quality processes for other Yahoo offices.
- Patent 20090193395 Awarded: Software Development and Testing Methodology
- Patent 20090063973 Awarded: Degree of separation between media artifacts
Toptech Systems, Inc, Project Lead
August 2004 - December 2006, Longwood, FL, United States
- Envisioned and designed internal CRM system, saving +/- 10,000 man hours per year.
- Participated in the DSO/AR Account Management program, realizing outstanding revenues of $3 million (gross revenues $14 million).
- Introduced software virtualization and automation, saving 5000 man hours per year.
- Actively led and mentored a team of 5 engineers.
- Led the introduction of QA/Dev pairing as a standard practice.