WOW Logistics, VP Software Development
August 2014 - Present, Appleton, WI, United States
Responsible for working with the development team to meet the needs of our organization and its customers for software development, systems integration, and infrastructure.
Optimal Blue, VP Process Improvement
August 2012 - July 2014, Green Bay, WI Wisconsin
• Serve as an agile coach to the software development manager, product development manager, and team to implement scrum development methodology.
• Implement tools and practices to support continuous delivery and automated deployment using Microsoft Team Foundation Server, TeamCity, YouTrack, and SharePoint.
• Formalized business analysis process to allow the business to forecast feature availability in a planned monthly release cycle to support the operations and sales teams.
• Worked extensively with the business side to evaluate markets, meet with clients, build requirements, and launch a web based online mortgage application for client banks and credit unions.
• Setup the quality assurance development & deployment processes to reduce the number of release bugs. Including tests plans, defect tracking and velocity reporting
Visonex, VP Application Development
January 2003 - August 2012, Green Bay, WI Wisconsin, US
• Managed all aspects of the software development lifecycle (design, development, documentation, quality assurance, delivery) of Clarity a SaaS EMR for over 200 dialysis clinics across the country using the scrum development methodology.
• Worked with client hospitals to implement Clarity as part of their enterprise architecture. I managed the projects in an iterative fashion to define and implement interfaces between many systems including the hospital information systems, billing systems, dialysis machines, laboratory systems, and the federal government where we delivered high value features as quickly as possible and iterated through the engagement to completion.
• Created/Managed a 30 person offshore office in Quito Ecuador including developers and quality assurance along with a US team of 10 analysts, quality assurance, and developers all using the scrum methodology.
• Created a development practice that included scrum, continuous integration/delivery, design patterns, decoupled design methodologies, and encouraged .NET and SQL certification for developers.
• Created/Managed a business analysis practice & a software quality assurance practice to manage or product backlogs and represent the customer needs.
Exocus Group, Project Manager / Senior Business Analyst
October 2002 - November 2003, Green Bay, WI, US
Performed pre-sale analysis, contracting, and business analysis on multiple contact development jobs.
Architected and developed multiple contract development jobs using agile contracting.
Worked with clients, internal developers, and offshore resources to deliver software iteratively using an agile development methodology to deliver highest business value first.