Abacus Technology, Scrum Master
March 2015 - Present, Kennedy Space Center, Florida, United States
Scrum master for the SepcsIntact rewrite project. The software handles the specification drafting for NASA, US Army, US Marines, Us Navy, US Air Force and US Coast Guards facilities around the world and is utilized daily by over 90,000 government and public sector users.
Scrum Master for two teams developing a variety of Web applications and mobile applications.
Product owners for a variety of Sitecore and Web projects, initiated by NASA and contractors.
Abacus Technology, IT Manager
February 2014 - March 2015, Kennedy Space Center, Florida, United States
Oversee personnel, budgets, projects, operations, and customer relations to meet NASA’s IT / web needs in fast-tempo, fluid environment. Provide safe, collaborative, and productive workplace for 20 developers, web designers, and content managers, and project managers; communicate with and resolve conflicts between internal teams, senior management, and government customers. Plan annual budgets, negotiate project bids, and work with management to find and optimize use of funds. Steer, monitor, and report project progress to key stakeholders; maintain documentation standards, SCRUM process, and CMMI requirements, and work closely with project managers and team members to identify and correct issues impacting schedules, budgets, technology, and personnel. Host safety meetings and enforce safety regulations.
• Managed employee recruitment, interviews, hiring, onboarding, career planning, performance evaluation, mentoring, and team building.
− Analyzed and matched team member skills appropriately to project opportunities.
− Increased use of telecommuting and remote teamwork, boosting employee flexibility and satisfaction while improving overall productivity.
− Halted frequent employee turnover and achieved 100% retention rate.
• Achieved 100% completion rate on all development projects, several being recognized for “Best of KSC Software” Awards. Major deliverables included:
− KSC Weather Data Archive Project; software provided safety features and display for monitoring lightning activity across central / east FL.
− Mobile Fluid Iinventory Management System (MFIMS); groundbreaking software was KSC’s first mobile platform able to store offline data for future synchronization.
− Launch Services Program (LSP) Coloring Book application for mobile devices and Web; garnered Group Achievement Award for fun, educational community outreach.
− MESC Acquisition Website for Source Evaluation Board (KEMCON); first of its kind application will serve as blueprint for all future SEB applications, ensuring more rapid development turn around and homogeneous products code base.
− Led effort to bring Sitecore CMS platform to stable, well process-integrated organizational solution, opening new contract opportunities from NASA customers.
• Championed integration of design process and accessibility management within development cycle; enhanced product market appeal, provided tools that streamlined analysis and resolution of software accessibility issues, and opened new sources of income.
Abacus Technology, Project Manager - Scrum Master - Product Owner
January 2008 - February 2014, Kennedy Space Center, Florida, United States
Led teams and managed NASA internal and public web / software projects in .NET or ColdFusion environments as SCRUM Master or SCRUM Project Owner; used KANBAN framework to oversee maintenance projects. Communicated with customer to define requirements and scope, evaluate progress, manage expectations, and ensure satisfaction. Developed, implemented, and promoted use of best practices; integrated development processes with testing and data center processes and existing workflows. Coached and trained team members and customer staff, serving as expert resource for development platform, template architecture, and Section 508 (accessibility) requirements. Developed and managed documentation for entirety of the software life cycle.
• Advocated SCRUM framework, coached development team in SCRUM methodology, and led development and management of web-based tools and customer-originated websites.
• Wrote 508 standards adopted by NASA IT and IMCS Software Services, trained 30 IT professionals in Section 508 requirements in website and web application development.
• Developed and implemented custom template, website, and web application framework allowing for integrated branding of NASA websites and web application across platforms.
• Managed product, code, and database migrations to term with minimum impact to customers.
• Championed adoption of MS SharePoint, and created SharePoint site and applications that simplified document collaboration, information structuring, and knowledge sharing.
• Promoted employee health, welfare, safety, and stress reduction as a facility manager and as instructor for Chi Gung, TaiChi and self-defense classes.