Dell Inc, Project Manager | Quality & Standards Advisor
March 2006 - August 2011, Canton, MA
--Effective Feb 2009 until job ended I transitioned into the Healthcare Operations Division team and applied project management expertise for internal company projects. Included MS Project schedule development and baseline progress reporting, executive status reporting, managed project budget and resources, chaired recurring team meetings, assisted with data clean-up tasks, lead the testing efforts and developed test scripts, developed training material and trained users as needed.
--oversaw and reported status on strategic initiatives as identified by the Healthcare Operations Division leadership. This included:
1) mentored and coached project manager's the corporate project management methodology.
2) facilitated various leadership meetings both on-site and off-site.
3) applied project management expertise for internal company projects for a sub-group of the
Healthcare Operations Division.
4) collaborated with corporate PMO Director to integrate corporate project management
methodology and company wide quality initiatives within an acquired company.
--project management consultant for UK based health care client engaged to complete execution and closure activities for an electronic medical record system implementation. This included:
1) maintained MS Project schedule using PRINCE2 methodology, updated WBS as triggered by
approved change requests.
2) ensured all contractual obligations and project gate reviews are approved.
3) prepared weekly team minutes and executive project status reports, quarterly review of
project health checks with client's PMO.
4) managed company project functional lead resources, collaborated with client's PM and end
customer PM for resource management, go-live readiness exercises, and post go-live support.
5) ensured quality control of project products and deliverables.
6) managed client and end customer expectations related to issues, risks, timelines, and
7) managed and escalated change control issues and resolutions.
8) led formal project shutdown activities and project reviews, responsible for lessons learned
--CIO of health care account recruited me to apply corporate project management methodology to the network department for complex, multi-vendor, and multi-year projects. This included:
1) Planned and managed projects focused on network infrastructure improvements and PACS
2) Ensured current standards applied to all the client's network environment: cabling
standards in hospital closets and data centers, HVAC, power redundancy.
3) Managed client and their shared partners expectations for delivering and supporting a shared
and secured network environment. Developed support workflow and plan that was approved by
IT Security and CIO's from three entities.
4) Provided project analysis, mitigated " scope creep, " communicated project status,
identified and resolved project issues and constraints.
5) Maintained project budget and monthly variance reporting.
6) Addressed with clinicians and leadership as needed in removing rogue devices that were on
the hospital's network.
Vanguard Health Systems, Abrazo Health Care, Senior Application Analyst
January 2005 - March 2006, Phoenix, AZ, United States
--Maintained Siemens MedSeries 4 Order Communications (MS4- OC) module for six acute care hospitals located within Arizona.
--Achieved delivery of service level agreement's for application support, tracked using Remedy change management tool.
--Worked within hospital for software installations and address basic computer/printer issues.
--Implemented the first regionally standardized systems for performance improvement initiatives for care management and physician credentialing.
--Coached technical support team on project management best practices with emphasis on MS Project Plan development and baseline activities.
--Created standard requirements and tasks for disaster recovery exercise to be incorporated in new software implementations.
Dell Inc. (formerly Perot Systems), Program/Project Management Specialist
June 2002 - January 2005, Plano, TX, United States
--project management consultant for a health care client comprised of 36 hospitals within AZ, CA, and NV.
--Managed projects that were greater than 240hrs and often across the tri-state area.
--Projects entailed clinical applications, information technology enhancements, HIPAA compliance initiatives requiring HL7 interface changes, and system selection processes, hardware upgrades and relocations.
--Facilitated workshops for project planning and initiation activities.
--Developed and delivered training material for SMART application (HIM coder's auditing tool) and SAP for property management activities.
--Assisted with achieving service level agreements for application support using Operational Process Application Suite (OPAS).