Bio not yet available for David Stott. If you are David Stott, login and then click Edit Profile to get started.
NTT Data UK, Agile Coach
November 2011 - January 2013, London, London, United Kingdom
Internal Agile evangelist for Colt Technology Services (Fidelity Investments), from the CEO Rakesh Bhasin through to the support staff, providing Agile leadership at the programme level for the new Managed Solutions business. Advocated and guided the transition from ITIL to an Agile delivery model for five technical teams within the programme:
- Worked closely with the PMO and senior management to create an Agile framework for the new business area. Provided coaching in the form of workshops, showcases and presentations.
- Introduced Scrum, Lean and Lean Startup ideas and used the successful implementation within the AIS Portal Team to build trust at the programme level.
- Regular presentations explaining our Agile approach to clients and analysts such as Forrester Research.
- Advised on Agile practices across five delivery teams providing support and coaching at all levels.
- Coached all AIS Portal team members in Scrum and XP whilst delivering to aggressive deadlines; delivered version 0.1 of the AIS Portal in to production within five weeks of arriving.
- Promoted a Pan-European “Dev Ops” approach to product development, ensuring that the Spanish support team were more closely embedded alongside developers, and the team managed the entire application.
- Coached ten developers in Continuous Integration, which resulted in a one click deployment into production offline and a one click cutover to live; in an ISO 27001 compliant environment.
BSkyB, Agile Consultant
January 2008 - October 2011, Brentford, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Introduced Agile development techniques into the Sky Homepage team and helped build a delivery platform for the most trafficked site in Sky's online estate. Their existing system was failing on a regular basis and fixing it was considered the number one priority. We delivered www.sky.com to one million unique users a day with five nines availability.
- Coached the Product Owner, Scrum Master, analysts and testers with no previous Agile experience. Trained developers in TDD, user stories, Agile planning and estimation techniques. After years of working to a six week delivery cycle at best, the same team made more than 100 successful weekly releases of the Sky homepage into production running on a full “Dev Ops” model.
- Presented the application architecture and design at the 2010 Grails Conference in London
- Participated in an incremental switch within the Online Content Team from a Scrum to a Kanban approach. This enabled the swift delivery of www.sky.com/findandwatch, but more importantly provided the flexibility to launch as and when features were completed, i.e. Continuous Delivery.
AOL UK Ltd, Scrum Master
November 2005 - January 2008, London, London, United Kingdom
Led a highly experienced team in the development of the Broadband Management System, AOL's order capture and provisioning platform.
- Worked alongside the industry leaders in Agile methodologies, ThoughtWorks, using a rigorous TDD approach and technologies such as Fitnesse, EasyMock, IntelliJ, CruiseControl and JIRA.
- Liaised with TA's, BA 's and the business to drive out user stories, in addition to running the planning games, morning stand-ups, business feedback sessions and project retrospectives.
- Managed twelve developers employing a mixture of XP and SCRUM with comprehensive test coverage and a regression suite enabling short delivery cycles on an application with over a million source lines of code.