I've spent my entire career setting and achieving high standards for technology products. I gained firsthand experience creating superior user interfaces by starting and running my own web development firm, Demand Standards. I carried this learning over to Apple, where I quickly advanced through the ranks due to my attention to detail and operational improvements to the support process. At Rovi (formally Roxio), I managed a large engineering and QA team. And now I'm leading the quality efforts of a prodcut team at Good Technology.
Good Technology, Quality Assurance Product Lead
June 2011 - Present, Redwood City, CA, United States
Led Quality Assurance efforts.
Roxio, Inc, Engineering Manager
April 2010 - May 2011, Santa Clara, CA, United States
Responsible for managing the product lifecycle of mobile and desktop applications, creating product / user interface (UI) mock-ups, and documenting product requirements and test plans.
• Revitalized Toast 10’s revenues by negotiating a partnership that bundled it into a MacUpdate software release at the highest average price per unit in the vendor's history, generating $500K of new revenue.
• Directed development and release of Toast 11 by documenting product and user experience (UX) requirements, implementing workflow schedule and test plans, and managing operations of a 20 person development team.
• Restructured QA process to increase quality bug detection by 400% and save $250K by managing and expanding Shanghai office from two to five engineers.
• Subjected Toast to a record number of test case scenarios by spearheading the use of test case management.
Apple, Inc, iOS Quality Engineer
May 2007 - April 2010, Cupertino, CA, United States
Successfully tested iPhone/iPad/iOS builds, developed software and regression test plans, tracked bug reports, processed documentation, and consistently delivered software in accordance with development deadlines.
• Isolated and initiated corrective actions to resolve an iTunes 9 launch bug affecting millions of customers by partnering with AppleCare and conducting personal outreach to affected customers.
• Oversaw QA through the successful transition from a custom compiler to a new shared resource library and open source compiler.
• Architected, developed, and integrated a diagnostic troubleshooting tool into iTunes which was released to millions of customers nationwide.
• Created a testing platform for rapid configuration deployment using virtualization technology to decrease testing preparation time by 91%.