Beth H. Macy: United States Navy (LT); Cohasset High School, Cohasset, MA (Mathematics Teacher); Gould Modicon, Andover, MA (Computer Room Supv, QA Engineer); Lotus Development Co/IBM, Cambridge, MA (Developer...Dir Dev); Apple Computer Cupertino, CA (International Mgr); Various start ups (VP Engineering); Northeastern University, Boston, MA (IT Consultant & SCRUM Master ); The WashingtonPost.Newsweek Interactive, Arlington, VA (SCRUM Master and Executive Consultant)
• Results driven software process improvement Vice President/CTO level professional with extensive experience building and re-engineering organizations for success.
• Technically savvy with strong leadership skills.
• Certified SCRUM Master and SCRUM Practitioner.
• Track record of product delivery on time and with high quality and customer satisfaction.
• Skilled at delivering software projects in many different environments including, among others, many typs of internet/web based software, media delivery, application software, jobs focused sofware, and content management workflow tools.
• Proven expertise in remote development, including creating and leading strong technical development teams across cultural and geographical barriers.
• Ability to demonstrate, mentor and train others in Agile, and SCRUM and effective product development techniques.
Articles I've written
How Should We Use Velocity?
In Scrum, velocity is how much product backlog effort a team can handle in one sprint. This can be estimated by viewing previous sprints, assuming the team composition and sprint duration are kept constant. Velocity is used in sprint planning to f...