Ari Byland started his career in the banking industry, before becoming a IT professional with a bachelor degree in Business Information Systems.
He has a broad experience, ranging from Data Management and BI systems over application to web development.
As Head Web Development (Vice President) he established Scrum at his employer as the main approach for IT projects and initiated the Agile transformation in the company.
As Agile Coach he currently supports companies to start the Agile transformation and coaches teams and members of management.
SwissQ Consulting AG,
May 2016 - Present, Zurich, Switzerland
- Consulting clients in Agile Transformation
- Coaching teams and individuals to achieve better results through new forms of collaboration
- Trainer for Agile, Scrum and SAFe as well as topics of Digitalization (public, private and HWZ courses)
Neue Aargauer Bank AG, Head of Web Development
September 2012 - April 2016, Brugg, Switzerland
- Leading a team of project leaders and web developers using principles of agile leadership and Management 3.0
- Change Agent of agile transformation (details see below)
- Involved in several web projects in various roles (details see below)
- Working with business partners to provide our users with great web applications (developed by our team as well as external partners)
Change Agent of agile transformation:
- Establishing Scrum and Kaizen practices in several teams
- Coaching of Scrum Masters throughout the organization
- Leading courses and workshops with employees and senior management
Involved in several web projects:
- Online mortgage: Solution Designer and technical Product Owner
- Responsive redesign of corporate web site: Scrum Master
- CMS migration coporate web site and intranet platform: Overall project lead
- Solution designer and developer of several web applications
- Implementation of Web Analytics (Webtrends, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
November 2015 - April 2016, Zurich, Switzerland
Offering trainings (Scrum Introduction, Scrum Master, Product Owner) to people throughout the organization.