I am an Agile Development Team Servant Leader, with credentials as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) via the Scrum Alliance, a Project Management Professional (PMP) via the Project Management Institute, a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB) via the Six Sigma Way, and experience hands-on as a Software Engineer. I am also a member of PMI's Agile Community of Practice and I have participated in DFW Scrum and Agile networking groups for over three years. I can help your development teams become more agile.
Over the last several years my education in the healthcare field has included courses in Informatics at the UT Houston School of Biomedical Informatics as well as previous courses in Anatomy & Physiology, and Medical Terminology.
In my position as consultant to Verizon I helped in introducing a key strategic product and in creating a major data center. Prior to that I was building, installing, and commissioning a multi-billion dollar program offering IPTV and high-speed internet service nationwide for AT&T. I also have been assigned internationally. I have been fortunate to have teamed with high-achievers from around the world, and I really enjoy helping organizations develop challenging new products.
Verizon/Infovision Consultants, Technical Project Manager
November 2009 - August 2012, Irving, TX, United States
Brought multiple Project Management skills to critical programs requiring a depth of technical understanding.
• Assisted in moving an elaborate, complicated, key corporate strategic product from prototype status to system integration, operational readiness, and initial market release by managing defect tracking, code integrations, action registers, project plans, and resolving countless potentially blocking issues.
• Project Management with PMO on development of follow-on feature improvements and enhancements.
• Previously managed hardware deployment, software procurement, security reviews and scans, and multiple issues in major data center creation and software application migration.
• For data center cutover Dry-Run and Go Live, created excel workbook of activity timeline and hour-by-hour assignments, support contact information and escalation paths, architecture reference diagrams, etc.
Alcatel-Lucent, Technical Project Manager
May 2006 - September 2009, Plano, TX, United States
Customer-facing Project Manager in deployment of IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) & Broadband Internet Solution on critical multi-million to multi-billion dollar contracts, managing on-site and remote installation in numerous locations nationwide, as well as internationally.
* Deployed IPTV solution to Video Headend Offices, Intermediate & Central Offices, and Local Interfaces nationwide. Oversaw installation of routers & switches, integration with servers & firewalls, installation of routing configurations, server Operating System, and IPTV software, and testing of system end-to-end.
* Project Manager for deployment to Canadian telecomm provider’s production system and two labs. Managed project remotely during pre-build phases, then on-site through successful handover of FOA production system on schedule.
* Delivered all site builds on schedule, with high quality and superior customer satisfaction.
* Managed upgrades (“migrations”) of live IPTV offices serving some the customer’s largest markets, including Dallas, Houston, New York City, Kansas City, and Sacramento.