Valtech, Principle Agile Coach | Agile Business Director
March 2015 - Present, Singapore, SG
Grow a team of fellow agilists, nurturing capacity & expertise on agile coaching, engineering best practices, user experience, product management.
Establish thought leadership through active engagement & contribution to agile communities.
Spearhead business development & delivery including digital projects & agile consultancy.
PropertyGuru, Agile Coach | Development Manager (Regional)
August 2012 - January 2015, Singapore, SG
Managed the engineering, QA, and delivery on a portfolio including six web portals and sixteen mobile apps generating over 100 million monthly page views.
• Spearheaded Agile transformation across multiple functions including product, development, QA, operations, and support, using Scrum, XP, DevOps, Kanban, Lean, and SAFe.
• Scaled Agile adoption from one to eight teams, from one country to three, and from an engineering-only tool to a company-wide culture.
• Built and maintained Architecture, Engineering, QA, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners communities of practice.
GRC-Systems, ScrumMaster | Systems Architect
November 2009 - May 2012, Singapore, SG
Led twelve professionals through the transformation of product development methodology from a plan-driven waterfall process to a value-driven Agile model (with Scrum & XP).
• Recognized for consistently delivering value through early-product increments.
• Defined company’s technology vision, corner-stoned around rich internet application technologies, service orientation architecture, and multi-tenancy SaaS.
• Architected GRC-Suite, the on-premise platform for financial compliance; and GRC-Cloud, the award-winning cloud-based alternative.
CATSoft, Product Owner | Chief Technology Officer
September 2009 - August 2011, Hanoi, VN
Built high-performing teams around Agile values and principles, tailored for outsourcing business.
• Directed engineering team and served as a tech advisor to clients.
• Negotiated outsourcing projects from Singapore and built long-term partnerships with clients.
ST Electronics, Software Specialist
January 2007 - October 2009, Singapore, SG
Built majority of next-generation distributed Command and Control platform. (xCAP).
• Reengineered core GIS sub-system, delivering record breaking performance, over 5000 times improved.
• Supported master development of C2 applications while promoting Agile technical best practices.
National University of Singapore, Researcher
May 2005 - December 2006, Singapore, SG
• Led a team of 2-4 engineers to build an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for a meta-programming language called XVCL (x-Frame Variant Configuration Language)
• Re-architected the core XVCL processor that produces >300 times better performance, while creating an extensible framework to allow other contributors to extend the core