Justice Liu is currently an Agile Coach/Trainer with TEKSystems in the US. I teach Agile classes, speak at public conferences as well as perform & accomplish the Agile Coaching engagements at various on-site/off-site teams across the distributed geographical areas. I also lead the continuous improvement efforts at the Agile PMO for the recruiting, sales, and operations teams as well as act as the champion for enacting the Agile engineering principles across multiple technology platforms, driving the best value propositions for companies. I have also contributed to the development of the Agile training curriculum and business for the company.
My experience spans over 20 years in the IT industry. Before being a full-time agile coach, I have worn the hats of IT Director, IT Manager, Project Manager, SCRUM Master, Product Owner as well as various technical roles throughout my professional career. I worked with Fortune 500 companies, such as Microsoft, HP, CSC, federal, state and local governments as well as mid-size companies and start-ups. Because of my prior role as the Enterprise Architect for building software systems such as Distributed Computing, SOA, ESB, Mobility, BI, and Cloud-based systems, my technical expertise encompasses: Enterprise Application Integration, E-Commerce/Portal Web Development, Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Windows Mobile RFID, as well as Cloud based solutions, and I hold certifications from Microsoft, Scrum Alliance, Scaled Agile Academy, and Oracle/Sun Microsystems.
Valtech Solutions, Principal Agile Coach
May 2011 - Present, Dallas, TX, United States
• Assisting the clients with an enterprise transformation to utilizing Agile/Scrum Practices. Coaching, mentoring, and/or training on a day to day basis with multiple business units to level set the management and development teams as well as improve practices and remove impediments.
• Approaching and resolving problems from both a technical perspective as well as a Project/Product Management perspective.
• Providing classroom training and blending Scrum, Kanban, FDD methodologies with technical practices for global teams to collaborate and sync up in order to deliver complicated hardware/software system efficiently and with high quality.
• Delivering Agile Transformation presentations and public speeches at Agile-themed conferences in English and Mandarin (Chinese).
• Being the expert and trusted advisor at the application of the Agile principles to one or more software development disciplines, i.e. planning, analysis, design, coding, testing, releasing, production support, and management.
• Fashioning appropriate tracking and performance metrics that encourage team work rather than individual competition.
• Conveying principles, practices, rules-of-thumb and the subtleties of performing Agile disciplines effectively in any environment and how they relate to traditional disciplines.
• Using the latest tools and techniques to realize the customers’ full potential; showing aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies, concepts, and practices.
• Forging good working relationships with customers and teammates.
• Helping other people to find the best path to adopt and adapt Agile concepts, mind-set, principles, and engineering practices.
• Creating agile, Scrum, FDD, and Kanban presentation materials, acting as a trainer, and providing instructions to the customers in classroom settings as well as professional conferences.
Greatwide Logistics Services, Director of Enterprise Architecture
November 2009 - March 2011, Dallas, TX, United States
• Lead the Agile Transformation efforts for the IT organization and oversee the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
• Run new product development and maintenance activities by applying Agile/Scrum concepts, principles and engineering practices.
• Act as the Scrum Product Owner and provide strategic directions and lead the product planning and execution efforts in developing core business solutions in the areas of data warehouse, application integration and web portals, utilizing SQL Server, BizTalk, SharePoint and other MS Enterprise Applications.
• Involve heavily in the QA and software releasing functions by applying Agile/Scrum methodologies and engineering practices.
• Influence the definition and governance of IT Strategy as it relates to alignment to the business, evaluation of technology trends, enterprise architecture models, alignment of IT Strategy initiatives, enterprise architecture guiding principles and patterns, standards, and technology stacks.
• Act as the Agile Coach and Mentor to evangelize and facilitate the Agile/Scrum transformation endeavors.