Agile Learning Labs, at Google, Nest Labs, Scrum Master
November 2016 - April 2017, Palo Alto, CA, US
• Coached and evangelized Agile values and principles with individuals and teams, starting within first six months of organization’s transformation rollout.
• Guided three IoT backend system software development teams on Agile practices and methodologies, allowing transparency, inspection, and adaptation, and sharing metrics to identify and implement improvements.
• Facilitated all team ceremonies, act to remove blockers, and otherwise support teams to ensure quality releases.
• Coordinated with fellow Scrum Masters / Coaches to build proficiency and community of practice across teams.
• Trained new Product Owner to jump-start her initial Scrum practice and advance resulting benefits.
Snapfish, Scrum Master
August 2013 - September 2016, San Francisco, CA, US
• Facilitated and coached U.S. and offshore Scrum teams developing retail partner B2C photo web sites.
• Actively participated in cross-organization Scrum of Scrums and program management.
• Coached across organization's teams to continuously improve and experiment with Agile and Lean frameworks.
Black Rock City, LLC / Burning Man, Manager, Information Services
October 2002 - December 2015, San Francisco, CA, US
• Managed 130+ person department providing information-related services: year-round, web application-based as well as event-specific, person-to-person assistance.
• Participated in cross-organizational planning and decision-making.
Black Rock City LLC / Burning Man, Scrum Master
January 2010 - March 2012, San Francisco, CA, US
• Lead and coached geographically dispersed teams’ application software development (on Linux, Apache MySQL, Python, Django / LAMP stack) using agile methodologies.
• Project managed on-time, on-budget initial implementation and annual updates of “Directory” web application offering interactive event-related information as well as user messaging for 44k user sessions over seven days.
• Managed on-time, on-budget implementation of web applications including Burning Man Events and Rideshare.
• Lead Burning Man API development and data set web site implementation.
• Managed open sourcing of internal applications, including legal research and Apache-based licensing, as well as setup and maintenance of code.burningman.com site for sharing software.