Kate Megaw, PMP, CST® is an IT professional with over 15 years of industry experience. Kate holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management from The Queen’s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland. She has her PMP and her CST® certifications. Kate is the COO with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management services for a wide range of software related projects. With a background in project management and training, Kate has spent much of her career managing and leading teams for global companies like XcitekSolutionsPlus (XSP). She has founded and grown several community organizations such as Birmingham International Association of Microsoft Certified Partners (IAMCP), Agile Birmingham and TechBirmingham’s suite of TechMixer Events. In addition Kate has served as Vice President for Professional Development for PMI Birmingham. Kate has 13 years’ experience in the training industry, working for Microsoft Gold Certified Training Partners in both the UK and USA. She has worked with numerous organizations to support their training needs, whether it be ongoing training for their teams or support during new software rollouts.
The Braintrust Consulting Group, COO / Agile Coach
April 2011 - Present, , United States
As an agile coach I work with agile teams and senior leadership teams on agile implementations.
• Coach teams and team members
• Mentor ScrumMasters and Product Owners
• Coach Senior Leadership on enterprise wide agile adoption
• Work with ScrumMasters, Product Owners and teams to constantly inspect and adapt
XcitekSolutionsPlus (XSP), Project Management Consultant
May 2010 - March 2011, Birmingham, AL, United States
• Using agile project management methodologies to manage the integration of UK and US based XSP software to provide global XSP software.
• Working with development teams of onshore and offshore vendors to deliver required work on time.
• Working with global sales team to implement new web based software modules to meet client expectations.