LISI & CoPower, CIO
July 2015 - Present, San Mateo, CA, United States
CIO for both LISI (General Agency in the medical insurance field) and CoPower (Third Party Administrator also in the medical insurance field). Lead IT organization including modernization and development of new capabilities. Replace home-grown technology stack with SaaS capabilities, implementing a bi-modal IT capability, where the system of record capabilities are provided by the SaaS vendor and the custom, unique, high-value capabilities are provided by my staff.
Solera Associates LLC, President and Principal
November 2008 - Present, Durham, North Carolina, United States
Consult, train, and coach project and program managers on how to improve their leadership skills, efficiency and effectiveness.
Provide Project Management Office and Project Management services to firms of all sizes to successfully complete projects and programs.
Clients include an aerospace company, Duke University Medical Center, and Railinc.
Railinc, Director - IT Enterprise Services & PMO
June 2010 - August 2015, Cary, North Carolina, United States
Program lead for Enterprise Service Initiatives:
- Mainframe migration (to Java/Oracle mid-range environment)
- Master Data Management (focus on customer information)
- Single Sign On reengineering
- Disaster Recovery
- SLA improvements
- Agile evangelist
- IT PMO lead
Symantec, IT Program Director
September 2006 - October 2008, Durham, North Carolina, United States
In charge of a cross-IT program to support a new business capability, I'm driving the effort through new-to-Symantec approaches such as "Map Day". My approach has "saved weeks if not months" in getting the project launched. I've proliferated this approach by training and mentoring other PMs in the process.
I've also developed an initial Program Management methodology leveraging PMI's and the UK's CCTA program management methodologies and have started discussions on using OPM3 to guide the development of project managers.
Intel Corporation, Director
August 1983 - July 2006, Santa Clara, California, United States
* Implemented culture of leadership in IT Production support group, ~2,300 persons worldwide
* Directed group-wide, worldwide activities which developed leadership in the organization
* Developed model to describe leadership development effort. Submitted for external publication
* Drove succession management efforts with HR
* Coordinated with corporate and IT efforts, influencing them as needed
Other prior positions (more details below):
* Assistant Director, Safety & Security Initiative
* Director, Program Management, Internet Business Solutions
* Director, Year 2000 Program Office
* Applications Development Manager
* Applications Tools Manager
* 80386 Product Marketing Engineer