Go2Group, Agile Transformation Coach and JIRA Expert
January 2012 - Present, Los Angeles, CA, United States
Dell Computer – Consultant to Alienware and KACE divisions, responsible for process change planning and implementation, including customized Agile development methodology. During the 15-month engagement, the Dell teams coached have shipped over 25 hardware and multi-platform software products. Ongoing on-site and remote training and Agile coaching. Responsible for methodology strategy and Dell’s software development lifecycle management software (JIRA) customization, that supports, per year, 24,000 issues, 6,000+ users, and over 75 product releases.
• 95% of the 400 staff supported at Dell continue Agile methods after 12mo’s due to measured productivity gains
Other Clients – Additional clients include global data analytics firm Informatica (2,800 employees), and e-commerce provider for the travel industry, TravelPort (3,500 employees). Client engagements ranging from focused work with small teams to supporting large corporate divisions with long and short-term environmental assessments, customization of methodology, and building consensus among management and stakeholders. Extensive customization and training for software tools such as JIRA for teams throughout the world. Intensive Agile training and long-term coaching to measure and improve workflow. Lead Agile consultant and point of contact at industry conventions meeting with current and potential clients.
• Unified business and development workflows for TravelPort’s 3,500 staff with custom scaled agile framework
• Member of award-winning team driving the highest sales of software development management tools
Big Red Button Entertainment, Producer
February 2013 - September 2013, El Segundo, United States
Development Direction – Acting as the lead producer and project manager through the prototype, pre-production, and full production phases responsible for the on-time, on-budget delivery of currently unannounced videogame software projects. Scaled company from startup staff of 14 to 65 plus foreign outsourcing for the 2,200 person-months workload and three year production schedule. Developed internal process standards and training for team managers and ScrumMasters. Built framework for long-term strategic planning. Customized adaptive and combination Agile Scrum, Kanban and waterfall software development methods and implemented phased adoption studio-wide.
• Increased teams’ efficiency 65% (based on work-per-sprint) over 14 months with custom development method
• Delivered 14 milestones on time, averaging 23% savings vs. internal budget due to rapid prototyping
• Awarded company’s first ‘greenlight’ contract for full production due to rapid iteration on 9-month prototype
Organizational Development – Developed internal staff development system. During over 500 weekly one-on-ones over 24 months, coached 8 department leads in management techniques focused on feedback, coaching, and one-on-one meeting skills. Rolled out annual employee self and peer reviews.
• Reduced staff attrition after three months; only 2 additional staff left in the remaining 28 months
Jerry Bruckheimer Games, Coordinator
October 2009 - February 2011, Santa Monica, CA, United States
Managed Los Angeles office of Executive Production company with staff in San Francisco and Seattle. Coordinated project management and business development with Jerry Bruckheimer Films and TV (revenue of $20B), global publisher Viacom, and external studios and vendors. Reported to Presidents of Production and Development.
Fun at Work, CEO
January 2008 - February 2011, Los Angeles, CA, United States
Founded app development firm, created original and for-hire mobile apps. Designed products and managed Agile Scrum-based development on low-budget productivity apps for iOS and Android with external developers on 8 mobile apps. Designed and produced social networking app Prayground using off-the-shelf frameworks and consultant developers and artists.
• Raised angel funding for Prayground, a social networking iOS app through early interactive prototypes
• Sold over 200,000 units on iOS App Store, with stable ROI of 1,000% annually by innovating on texting apps
• Received unanimously 5-star reviews for flash game port Battlepaint costing only $3,800 to build
General Electric / NBC Universal, Master's Degree Internship
July 2008 - May 2009, Universal City, CA, United States
Supported business analysis with technology solutions to migrate Strategic Sourcing and Negotiations department to shared databases to track the $650M+ per year in negotiated savings in on-going vendor contracts for all of NBC Universal business.
• Reduced costs $4.5M by coordinating intensive year-end contract renegotiations with over 80 vendors
Melodramatics Theatre Company, General Manager and Artistic Director
August 2004 - June 2007, Ithaca, NY, United States
Served as General Manager and Artistic Director of the non-profit theatre organization, responsible for fulfilling the mission to balance artistic excellence and audience entertainment. Recruited and managed paid and volunteer 50-person staff. Built structure for knowledge management to maintain institutional knowledge during staff turnover. Was responsible for artistic quality and company finances, operations, and HR. Board of Trustee member since leaving in 2008.
• Sold to full capacity for three years through early use of localized internet and Facebook ads since 2004.
• Built successful organization through tight focus on company mission and excellence in execution
• Achieved annual growth of budgets through repeated review of processes to decrease risk
• Managed 3 successful leadership transitions through mentorship and leadership as Board Chairman since 2008