Jim Christie is a scrum master, web developer, cyclist, and sometimes artist.
Jim started his career working in libraries. He spent over a decade doing anything and everything library related. He finally settled into the IT world doing support and developing a library website. From there, he jumped off into programming roles outside of libraries. This exposure to the larger IT community quickly led him to agile development. Jim immediately recognized the benefits of an agile mindset and began vigorously pushing his career toward an agile coaching role. This is what he lives and breathes today.
Jim spends his free time developing hobby software projects, working on his farm, creating digital art, and riding his bicycle.
Shelter Insurance, Scrum Master
August 2016 - Present, Columbia, Missouri, US
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies
- Work with other teams to reduce and manage inter-team dependencies
- Act as an intermediary between team and management
- Deal with red tape, eliminate when possible
- Evangelize the benefits of agile within the company
Shelter Insurance, Developer
June 2015 - August 2016, Columbia, Missouri, US
Full stack developer on a Scrum Team.