Heather Planey is a skilled strategist with exceptional strength as a liaison between technical and non-technical teams. She has expertise in moving organizations from existing to new processes and technology, business process design, business and functional requirements development, data specification, data collection and analysis, release management, implementation planning, RFP and proposal creation and evaluation, and program and project management. Her experience integrating legacy and new IT systems and keeping projects on track and moving forward has contributed to her success in a variety of projects.
Her projects have included
- acting as an product owner and product manager for a next-generation customer-centric, omni-channel distribution platform
- developing and documenting information architecture for new systems and for the integration of new systems with existing infrastructure
- designing business processes for the implementation of new technologies
- developing and documenting business and functional requirements for legacy systems (e.g., computer reservation systems) as well as new systems (e.g., web-based e-commerce solutions, onboard point-of-sale systems)
- creating and responding to RFPs as well as evaluating responses to RFPs
- implementing software development methodologies
- determining requirements for and implementing web analytics (WebTrends) and system monitoring (SiteScope)
- evaluating and recommending COTS requirements management tools
Heather holds a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering from Purdue University as well as a Master of Science in Industrial Administration from Purdue University's Krannert School of Management. Between 2004 and 2009, Heather was active on the City of Alexandria Commission on Information Technology and served as Vice Chair of the Commission from 2006 until 2009.