June 2017 - Present, Woodbury, MN, US
As product owner, develop roadmaps, backlogs and release plans for the development of new products and upgrades to existing services.
G&M Associates, LLC, Consultant
October 2015 - May 2017, Arden Hills, MN, US
• Performed an evaluation and due diligence for the potential purchase of a “Right at Home” franchise territory. Assessed the strength of the franchise system’s intellectual property (Service Marks, Trademarks, Proprietary software, Operations manuals). Review franchise agreement (FDD) review including, Assignability of Franchise, Scope of License Grants/Reservation of Rights, Territory Conflict resolution. Performed competitive market analysis and review of existing competition.
United Health Group / Optum Insight –
• Manage the deployment of enhancements (cross-application deployments) supporting the provider fraud, waste and abuse data analytics business which is forecasted to achieve over $200MM in operational and hard benefit savings from the program.
Fiserv - Output Solutions, Director, Solution Delivery
November 2011 - September 2015, Shoreview, MN, US
Selected to deliver redesigned processes and integrate systems across plants in order to support client conversions, client onboarding, product migrations, and personalization of cards supporting EMV migration, credit/debit card personalization, gift and loyalty card product innovation, and marketing for consumer & business credit/debit cards, gift card and reloadable cards.
• Evaluated operational data and system processes housed in the ERP and CRM systems related to customers & order processing for a possible implementation of Salesforce.com or Fiserv’s JETS and Facets/CRM system.
• Ensure systems and processes are in compliance with Visa/MasterCard and PCI Card personalization regulations.
o Managed EMV pilot program and expanded the pilot into full production managing $50mm in capital improvement to increase card production capacity across 2 production plants and $2.5mm in expense to support onboarding and training of 40 new FTE.
o Reengineered processes to handle significant waves of client migrations at 400 requests per month across 10,000+ financial institutions.
G&M Associates, LLC, Management Consultant
September 2008 - October 2011, Arden Hills, MN, United States
Provide clients with expertise in the implementation of projects related to infrastructure, product enhancements, mergers and acquisitions, focusing on back office operations, system design, product development, and resource planning as well as project & capital budgets and regulatory compliance.
• Defined strategies to streamline and transform a fledgling Project Management Office (PMO) and bring a level of discipline while providing common planning and scheduling processes to projects.
• Led infrastructure and application performance improvement project resulting in the ability to handle a 100% increase in loans serviced through a series of interrelated loan servicing, collections, and customer service call center systems.
• After taking over a one-year delayed Lockbox Strategic Enrollments project, led the team to complete and implement the initial phase of the project enabling the migration of acquqired bank customers onto a single lockbox reporting platform.
• Lead geographically disbursed project teams of highly skilled internal, contract, operational and technical professionals in India and across the US.
• Create risk plans, quality plans, staffing plans, project schedules and budgets for multiple projects.
Wells Fargo, Technology Manager
March 0207 - August 2008, Roseville, MN, United States
Responsible for mobilizing talents of staff who evaluate, develop and deliver technology projects for the Retirement Plan Services division. Developed and implemented resource planning and project control processes to enable development of short and long term product enhancement roadmap. Managed application development team of 18 highly skilled web and distributed system experts across a geographically disbursed area, with an expense budget over $2m.
• Defined strategies to streamline technology project implementations and increase project transparency while improving application development and testing efficiencies, and resulting in improved implementation time frames.
• Established and drove the adoption of relevant standard tools and techniques in the areas of project and portfolio management.
• Developed resource planning models used for project intake and provisioning of resources also used in planning release schedules and custom software delivery commitments.
• Re-energized a struggling development department, delivering on several key projects in Web self-service and legacy applications.
• Leveraged IT as a strategic investment to drive business value through an improved customer implementation process delivering enhanced & new product capability.
• Implemented project governance processes improving IT and business alignment of priorities, resource allocation and project spending.
• Developed a new customer implementation group processes resulting in IT’s commitment of defining new customer implementations and customizations and installing on within a planned schedule.
Meritain Health, VP, Information Technology
August 2005 - March 2007, Minneapolis, MN, United States
Overall responsibility for the IT strategy and operations of the nation’s largest independent provider of services for self-funded health plans supporting 1.4 million members nationwide. The Corporation implemented a new consumer driven health product line and tripled in size growing primarily through acquisition. This resulted in a highly complex operating environment and IT footprint.
• Attained SAS70 and HIPAA compliance ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and availability of systems and data.
• Radically improved security, change control and operations by directing the assessment and mitigation of dozens of risks at application, database, network, system and physical levels.
• Defined architecture roadmap and standards for legacy and web based architectures -- includes redesign of legacy systems into component applications to support plans for accelerated processing and introduction of products and services online.
• Rescued a floundering strategic customer relationship utilizing processes that brought teams together, identified root cause of problems negotiated extensive scope and priority changes and worked through corrections resulting in a satisfied customer.
• Managed the due diligence and technology integration activities for two acquisitions culminating in the integration of the company’s various technology platforms, networks and processing systems.
• Built strategic product and service vendor relationships resulting in better access to new technologies and tools.
• Established technology and application architectures to accelerate new market introductions
G&M Associates, LLC, Management Consultant
August 2002 - July 2005, Apple Valley, MN, United States
Lead the delivery of technologies and services to clients which included application roadmap; enterprise architecture, implementation of web-based services and legacy systems integration, applications enhancements; data architecture and strategy, data analytics, and business intelligence.
• Managed evaluation, solution identification, and implementation of a start up joint venture for a new mortgage with Wells Fargo and ReloAction, a relocation company.
• Coordinated the pre-capital expense planning for the construction of a new call center to be used as an overflow and disaster recovery center for credit card customer service unit of US Bank.
• Manage project activities supporting Blue Cross MN's member, provider and client portals. The sites provide various health plan tools (benefits, claims and provider directories), member registration, health and wellness tools.
• Manage project activities for Optum Care Coordination and Nurse Line portal. Off the shelf software applications were integrated into a Web-enabled technology solution to deliver better navigation through the health care system for nurses, clients and consumers.
• Manage the installation, configuration and deployment of servers, database software, operating systems and networking hardware supporting the generation of outbound sales campaigns for US Bank’s call center.
• Provide project management and operational implementation consulting to the compliance department for the installation of an anti-money laundering system providing Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act compliance for US Bank.
Delta Dental Plan of MN, VP, Information Technology
June 2000 - July 2002, Eagan, MN, United States
Drive the technology strategy, software design and execution of the information technology and solution architecture. Assure the successful execution of Delta’s business mission through development and deployment of the company’s web presence.
• Improved the company’s project management efforts with an eye on improving project delivery, communication, and quality through the implementation of a Project Management Office, a project portfolio solution, and training on project management best practices.
• Created 3-year IT strategy, 12-month operating plan, Information Security and Human Resource plan including capital and operating budgets which resulted in reduced IT expenses, increased processing throughput, tighter integration of applications, reduced and improved claims payment turnaround.
• Led initiatives to ensure business-wide SAS70 and HIPAA compliance. Implemented policies, procedures and processes enabling the company to pass its first SAS70 type 2 compliance audit.
• Eliminated duplication between various production systems. Led the redesign of applications to increase system throughput and automation of manual processes.
• Substantially revamped the software release process, including development methodology, project management, testing processes and release implementation. These measures converted a fire-fighting, error-prone development process into a competitive edge, providing cost-efficient services and high responsiveness to customers.
US Bank, SVP, Information Technology
March 1995 - June 2000, St. Paul, MN, United States
Operate as CIO for multiple business segments of this super-regional financial service company with responsibilities ranging from consulting on new business development and platform strategies to systems operations, application development and new technology implementation.
• Business line relationship manager providing application development, operational and technical support to various business lines within the retail and commercial banks.
• Plan and coordinate activities in support of several large bank, mortgage and credit card portfolio acquisitions. Integrate business solutions with operational and analytical systems resulting in more opportunity for sales and improved customer retention
• Worked directly with business unit functional VPs to create an information technology master plan for the Payment Systems, Mortgage and Retail Banking Products divisions. These plans described the business direction and the supporting information technology solutions. It specified projects for the 230+ information technology resources at multiple sites across the US.
• Responsible for systems development and maintenance in support of consumer and commercial banking products, equipment leasing, dealer floor plan, installment loan origination and servicing, ACH, EDI, statement processing, consumer and procurement cards, mortgage origination and servicing and student loan servicing.