Greg Gurley has more than 25 years of software engineering experience leading the successful development of a variety of web-based applications for government IT systems and medical research. Greg works to understand customer needs, to articulate plans to meet those needs, and to be innovative when it comes to applying best practices, methodologies and technology. He has extensive experience applying use-case modeling and user stories, and agile software development. His industry certifications include PMP, Certified ScrumMaster, and Ceritfied Product Owner. Greg ensures the successful delivery of services to clients as well as the efficiency and consistency of delivery teams.
5AM Solutions, Sr Program Manager / Account Lead
October 2008 - October 2015, Rockville, MD, United States
• Actively delivers consulting/mentoring, business analysis and program management services for 5AM's key clients. Known for delivering inceptions of new projects to define the vision, features and product backlog then leading and mentoring 5AM teams to deliver projects end-to-end using an agile development lifecycle.
• Agile coach and ScrumMaster for 5AM and clients to apply agile principles. Hands-on consulting, mentoring, and training in applying an agile software lifecycle using Scrum, Lean, and Kanban. Collaborates with ScrumMasters, Product Owners, Managers, and Executives.
• Implemented and directs adoption of 5AM's project management and agile processes. Initiated and implemented 5AM’s agile and iterative Glassbox™ Software Development Process and PMO.
• Authored and teaches training courses on agile, project management and requirements management.
• Manages plans, risks, and schedules for java web cloud implementations delivered on time and within budget to meet critical deadlines.