Eduardo Barron - Coming from a tough neighborhood in South Phoenix, I was always curious about how the world works. I was unique in my family and surroundings being someone who truly loved computers. While my friends pursued other careers, I wanted to be different knowing that I already had an Agile mindset, I just didn't know it. Achieving an IT degree and working for several years, I pursued an MBA in Global Management from Thunderbird. While at T-bird, I was exposed to formal project management and something called "Agile". I immediately became an Agile enthusiast which brings me to what I do today, managing multiple Scrum teams and Nationwide Insurance. I don't consider myself just a Scrum Master, but someone who is a Change Agent for the Agile Practice. For the past 5 years, I have been trying to transform the way we work to a more efficient and quality based approach. I am proud to say that my teams don't just say they are Agile, they have the Agile mindset.
Nationwide Insurance, Scrum Master
February 2012 - Present, Scottsdale, AZ, United States
• Manage coaching efforts for Agile teams within the Guidewire space at Nationwide/Scottsdale.
• Facilitate Agile sessions such as planning sessions, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, and iteration review meetings, gate reviews, weekly status, and lessons learned.
• Act as the team conduit to remove roadblocks within the different levels of project teams and identify project/iteration risks.
• Track project team metrics using Rational Team Concert (RTC) such as velocity and committed work to ensure timely and accepted delivery.
• Manage standing team backlog to plan ClaimCenter prioritized work with key members of the team and business core partners.
• Maintain active communication between Guidewire consultants, local PM’s and EY resources.
• Manage the Release Management process for the team (RFC, migration documentation, validation, etc)