David Halladay has over 30-years experience in the IT industry working for companies such as LANDesk and I-O Corporation. I have functioned in several different roles. These include business analyst, project manager, technical product manager, manager of engineering and technical support services, sales engineer, business line manager and marketing analyst.
My current areas of expertise include Lean/Agile/Kanban software development techniques, process analysis and project management. I am a Certified Scrum Product Owner, and a member of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA).
I have a thirst for knowledge and the ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools. I strongly believe that quality is basic to all processes and excellence in service is a necessity
Associates have described me as detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to listen and extract pertinent information, a clear communicator, a keen sense of business purpose, drives projects to a timely delivery, easy to work with, increases the value of associates, and one who delivers more value than expected.
Spillman Technologies, Inc., Scrum Master / Project Manager
April 2011 - Present, Salt Lake City, Alabama, United States
Primary responsibility is to manage projects for production teams by tracking team progress and coaching team managers to work efficiently, stay on task and meet commitments. Job duties include identifying backlogs and/or roadblocks that cause project slowdowns, providing proactive communication to appropriate levels of management to insure barriers are removed. As a Scrum Master, champion the Scrum process in multiple teams.
LANDesk Software, Business Analyst
October 2009 - October 2010, South Jordan, UT, United States
Produced technical requirements, use cases, flow diagrams and supportive documentation used by software engineers to build product solutions. Using contextual inquiry techniques, conducted field and beta test debriefing sessions, analyzed the data and presented conclusions to management. Performed process analysis documenting the requirements management and Extreme Programming (Agile) software development processes in preparation for the implementation of the Kanban process. Project manager for the rebranding and integration of a third-party data-encryption product into the LANDesk Management Suite.
· Analysis of field and beta test visits resulted in implementation of improved systems testing processes which reduced pre-release systems testing time by 20%
· Conducted virtual customer visits expanding face-to-face contacts between developers and customers which reduced the costs of making on-site visits.
· Instrumental in design and implementation of Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server which consolidated seven disparate management systems across the requirements development, engineering, testing and release groups into one tool
· Consistently met 100% of and exceeded 30% MBO goals
· Received Annual Excellence Award for the “Best Internal Process Improvement”