My name is Bala Lakshminarayan. I have a B.S Degree in Mechanical Engineeting (Honors) from Guindy Engineering, India, and a M.S Degree in Mechanical Engineeting from Ohio University. I have 14 years of experience in Software Quality Engineering, Build/Release, and 6 years of experience as a Scrum Master and Agile Coach.
- Experienced Agile Coach, Scrum master and an Engineering professional with strengths in Portfolio, Program and Team level management.
- Conducted Enterprise wide hands-on coaching for multiple cross-functional distributed teams on Agile framework and all aspects of Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban and XP.
- Helped teams become high performing by leading by example, and demonstrating effective agile techniques to technical team members, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, functional manager and their executives
- Actively Worked with individuals ranging from executives to individual contributors in their Agile adoption journey.
- Delivered many classroom format training for teams on Agile, Scrum Master and Product Owner skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills in coaching cross-functional teams on technical subjects through business value based analysis for “Agile Adoption”.
- Excellent communication and partnership skills influencing key stakeholders and customers across organization.
- Designed and Delivered Agile Rollout plans for successful adoption.
- Certified Scrum Master www.scrumalliance.org (Advanced Scrum +), SAFe Certified Consultant (SA). Certified SA www.scaledagileacademy.com
- 14 years of experience in testing, building and managing QA teams, both Onshore/Offshore, globally distributed (up to 34 + QA engineers) in well-known silicon valley companies. As a “hands on’ technical QA director, built automation frame works (QTP, Selenium), and Load testing (Loadrunner) and other commercial and open source QA tools.
Xerox, Inc, Sr Agile Coach
October 2015 - Present, West Sacramento, California, United States
Served as the Senior Agile Coach for CA-MMIS Health Enterprise System Replacement project for 20+ Agile Scrum Teams in a SAFe ™ Agile environment.. Provided Agile Leadership for 20+ ScrumMasters and Scrum Teams.
Coached Scrum Teams and Scrum Masters on improving their Agile Practices in Daily Standups, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews/Demos and in conducting better Retrospectives.
Performed Release Planning and Execution involving multiple Scrum teams effectively using Agile, SAFe ™ recommended processes.
Pioneered initiatives and resolved long standing issues with the State of California in improving Agile processes, Backlog Prioritizations, Sprint Demos, Integrating Code and improved Integration/ Build, Release processes.
Participated effectively as a member of Agile Mobilization Team and solved many Agile process related problems. Worked effectively with Xerox, Xerox Sub-Contractors and State Management in promptly addressing issues with Agile teams and processes.
Developed Checklists, Process document updates to address Issues and CAP’s raised by the State.
Served as a Product Owner for VersionOne Scrum Tool and helped facilitate better tool utilization/improvements.
Created and presented Sprint Agile Metrics on team’s Sprint Performance and helped forecast Release Completion dates and schedules..
Articles I've written
An Agile Process for User Acceptance Testing
As a ScrumMaster, I observed that while the QA team in my prior company was working hard and focused on testing and automation, we were observing significant customer-reported issues. Even though product managers and other subject-matter experts (SME's) were also testing the product, their efforts were largely uncoordinated.