Angel is a very energetic Agile coach who truly enjoy challenges. Putting in place Lean and Agile concepts and practices in very complex environments is my specialty and passion. As as an Agile coach, trainer, and mentor, he's supported several multinational organizations in their Agile journeys in the last 10 years.
During his 18+ years of experience in IT Angel has worked in various roles: Agile coach, R&D manager, software developer, software architect, ScrumMaster, and trainer. Angel is a CEC (Certified Enterprise Coach by the Scrum Alliance), a Management 3.0 licensed trainer. Additionally, he teaches video game production at ESNE (University of Design, Innovation and technology) and Design Thinking at LaSalle University. Angel is also a frequent speaker having participated in more than 40 international conferences and Agile events in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Agilar, Agile Coach
February 2014 - Present, , ES
Agile Coach and trainer for several customers.
Long term coaching endeavours where performed at: eBay Enterprise, King.com and Banco de Chile.
May 2017 - Present, , ES
Independent Agile coach, consultant and trainer.
ING Direct Spain, Head Agile Coach
April 2011 - January 2014, Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Leader, mentor, trainer and head coach in the transformation to Agile methods.
Chairman of the international Agile Experts Group at ING RBI.
I've successfully led a deep agile transformation, including IT and business departments, of this 1000+ employees bank from the trenches starting from scratch.
This transformation includes going from:
- silos to multidisciplinary teams.
- comprehensive requirements & UML diagrams to Agile inceptions & User Stories
- no portfolio management to kanban portfolio management
- reactive improvement initiatives to continuous improvement and regular retrospectives.
- 29 steps SDLC to 5 Steps SDLC
- no Agile knowledge to full training and implementation of Agile, Scrum and kanban.
- remarkable growth of business and IT employees satisfaction
- drastic improvement of Business - IT communication and collaboration
- remarkable reduction of technical and functional debt
- remarkable reduction of waste & process complexity in product development
Add Value, Scrum Master
August 2008 - March 2011, Verone, Verone, Italy
Scrum Master, JEE developer and consultant. IT Continuous improvement process design and implementation.
Research and development on JEE technologies and software engineering practices.