PropertyGuru, Engineering Manager
August 2012 - Present, Singapore, Singapore
- Drive the company's Agile transition
- Bring in Scrum process and Agile practices
- Bring in DevOps practices
- Facilitate & manage 8 cross-functional Scrum teams that develop & maintain the company's award winning sites and mobile applications:
GRC-Systems, Systems Architect
November 2009 - May 2012, Singapore, Singapore
- Envision the company’s technology direction, which cornerstones around the Rich Internet Application (RIA) technologies, service orientation architecture, and cloud computing
- Champion cloud computing from R&D to Proof-Of-Concept to implementation; advise the board on the enabled business models, cost vs. benefit, operational & technical implication of multi-tenancy software as a service (SaaS)
- Architect GRC-Suite, the common platform for financial compliance; and GRC-Cloud, the award-winning cloud offering counterpart
- Transform the existing software development methodology, from a traditional Waterfall Model to a modern Agile Process with Scrum, that consistently delivers value to business
- Recruit and run cross-functional Scrum teams sized 5-7, that consists of developers & QAs
CATSoft, Technical Director
September 2009 - August 2011, Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Responsible for sales activities in Singapore, convert leads into sales via on-site collaboration, support and consultation with clients
- Establish and maintain long term partnership with outsourcing clients based in Singapore
- Establish Agile Software Development Process using Scrum catered for outsourcing model, including staff training and continuous process improvement
- Provide technical guidance to the engineering team as well as technical consultancy to clients
ST Electronics, Software Specialist
January 2007 - October 2009, Singapore, Singapore
- Implement 60-70% of the next generation of Common Application Platform (xCAP) – a reusable distributed architecture on which Command and Control (C2) defense systems can be rapidly built – based mainly on Microsoft Technologies.
- Evaluate latest GIS technologies such as ESRI, TatukGIS, Manifold, GeoFusion, ILOG JViews and build GIS capability for xCAP.
- Revamp xCAP’s core GIS sub-system, which is based on ESRI ArcGIS; deliver massive >5000 times performance boost by utilizing both CPU and GPU for processing-intensive tasks and rendering-intensive tasks respectively.
- Plan and manage integration activities of xCAP Platform and related applications.
National University of Singapore, Research Assistant
May 2005 - December 2006, Singapore, Singapore
- Lead a team of 2-4 members to build an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for a meta-programming language called XVCL (x-Frame Variant Configuration Language)
- Re-architect the core XVCL processor that produces >300 times better performance, in addition to building an extensible architecture, on top of which plug-ins are implemented.
- Facilitate research initiatives and collaborate with the XVCL user community.
- Initiate and supervise three software projects which extend core functionalities of the XVCL processor:
+ Frame Analyzer: an extensible framework for analyzing meta-programs.
+ Frame Debugger: a standard featured debugger for XVCL.
+ Meta-Framework Modeling Tool: a graphical tool to support development, enhance understanding and facilitate quick prototyping of meta-frameworks.