Hands on scrum master in variety of industries and wide spread of experience. I bring to any project maturity and positive attitude. Besides leading the scrum process, I believe in leading by example and I like working on all aspects of software development and can communicate effectively with the technical team, product managers and management alike. Versed in both agile and waterfall development techniques.
Language: C#, .Net, VB, SQL, ASP.Net, MVC, XML/XSL, JQuery
Software: TFS (WorkItem Manager, Source control), Visual Studio 2012/2010/2008, IIS, Salesforce, Microsoft Excel
Databases: SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2010
Operating Systems: Windows 2003/2008 Server, Windows 7
Catch, Development Manager/Scrum Master
October 2008 - April 2013, Sydney, NSW, Australia
My role at Catch was a hands on scrum master and development managerial role.
Part of my scrum manager responsibilities include leading the daily standups, helping the product owners formulate the user stories and backlog items, determining with the product owners and project management office the status and priorities of the product backup to determine the roadmap of development.
I coached the development team in planning the sprint and conducting the sprint retrospectives and review.
As part of my responsibilities as a development manager,I was responsible for the architecture and development of Catch vertical websites (25 in total) generating $10 million of revenue across the business. I had up to 10 development, product, testing and deployment staff reporting to me.
Some of examples of the sites are
Key areas of responsibility
• Architecture and development techniques, introduction of a service oriented architecture and interfaces
• Vendor relationships and contract negotiations
• Management, hiring/firing and mentoring/coaching of development, BI and product staff
• Relationship management between business stakeholders regarding development prioritisation according to business needs and goals
• Design, management of infrastructure and hosting on Windows 2008 servers in Rackspace datacenters in Hong Kong
• Budgeting of costs and setting of targets
• Monitoring and day to day operations of servers and infrastructure
• Release management of software changes
• Part of the enterprise architecture group in RBI
• Support and management of helpdesk facilities