SolutionsIQ and Accenture Company, Agile Coach
March 2017 - Present, San Francisco, CA, US
I am a key partner with our clients in developing a strategy for and executing their Enterprise Agile transformations including adoption for teams across multiple sites in the US and Internationally. As part of that partnership I have developed and delivered team, product owner, and leadership training and workshops, to build the knowledge and skills required to successfully transform the organization. To support the execution of the transformation I have coached teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, team leaders and executives on Agile values and principles to foster continuous improvement and mentored teams, leading them to be self-organized, transparent and to build strong accountability, decision making, and conflict resolution skills. As the key to executing any transformation strategy is to foster an agile culture I have helped by championing cultural change and through collaboration with other coaches developed plans and techniques to advance the organization's transformation.
American Academy of Ophthalmology, PMO Manager
August 2010 - October 2016, San Francisco, California
Reporting directly to the Vice President of IT, promoted and given full responsibility for building the Agile Project Management Office (PMO), developing and evolving PMO processes and policies, expanding agile capabilities across the organization. Coached and mentored project managers and cross-functional project teams including internal resources, third-party contractors and vendors.
Established and evolved the Agile Project Management Office (PMO) as a strategic partner to the association.
Trained, coached, mentored, and developed 40 product owners.
Led the deployment and adoption of Kanban Framework, Extreme Programming (XP) methods, and Jira software that provided more flexible planning options, optimized teams’ output and focus, increased transparency throughout the development life cycle, and improved software value.
Built and coached a team of Scrum masters who enabled teams to successfully deliver a portfolio of 50 high-profile enterprise projects yearly with a strong impact on members using scaled agile practices such as Scrum of Scrums and coordinated releases.
American Academy of Ophthalmology, Project Manager
November 2006 - August 2010, San Francisco, Ca
Recruited as a team member of 2 project managers to drive the full lifecycle delivery of projects across a portfolio of new and existing applications. Managed efforts of up to 9 internal / contract resources and 4 vendors.
- Led high-profile projects teams in delivering over 50 projects yearly with a 100% success rate and a 95% on-time delivery rate.
- Introduced and led the adoption of Agile Methodology across development and project management organizations, and the SCRUM Framework that reduced time-to-market and costs.
- Replaced a third-party application with a state-of-the-art Meeting Registration System that reduced customer call time by 30%, slashed number of calls per hour by 13%, and increased velocity of online registrations by 40%.
- Assumed role as SCRUM Expert for SCRUM teams and product owners.
- Credited with managing the successful delivery of the 1st Agile project for the association, and subsequently a year-long, multimillion-dollar project.
- Held critical role in piloting Agile best practices for the development of web-based system for the International Global Alliance Group that reduced delivery timeframe by 50%.
- Led IT team in leveraging SCRUM Framework for the largest program in the history of association to replace main enterprise TIMMS association management software with Personify.