I have been using Scrum and other practices (XP, Lean) to to help companies become more effective since 2001. I am currently working as a coach, trainer and consultant.
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM) since 2004
* CSP since 2008
* Working on my CSC application
* Speaker and participant in Scrum/Agile/XP Toronto Community Group; contact for Scrum User Group
* Organizer at Agile Tour Toronto ('09 & '10)
* 8 years of proven Agile leadership with V.P., Director and team lead roles
* 15 years experience in software development
If you'd like to learn more about me, please check out my website or blog.
Articles I've written
5 Ways Scrum Creates Safety: Why One CSC Uses Scrum and XP Together to Avoid XP Risks
In 2006, while recovering from an eXtreme Programming (XP) implementation gone bad, I presented my observations on the differing focus of Scrum and XP at my local user group (XPToronto). Since then, I have continued to see this pattern in the agile community and my direct work practice. It's time to share this story to enhance clarity on how Scrum and XP differ and why that makes them better together.