Paulo Rebelo is a manager, developer, servant leader, coach, writer, speaker, teacher, father, and Brazilian/Portuguese person. Paulo owns a master degree in Computer Engineering.
He has a passion for leading development teams (internal/contractors) by motivating them, fostering the continuous improvement, and building relationships of group, in order to deliver great products and projects, focused on customer outcomes. Besides, he is always trying to reduce waste in any part of the workflow. Paulo is a fan of forming teams to reflect diversity in age, gender, culture, skills, and industry experience.
More than 20 years of experience in working for companies of varying sizes and in the areas of banking/finances, facility services, petroleum, energy, infrastructure, publishing, and internet.
He has experience in managing distributed teams including offshore in South America, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, China, Philippines, and USA.
Paulo really loves the full cycle of software development (requirements, business modeling, design, software architecture, project management, coding, and testing), governance and maintenance. Some practical experience include:
- Business Model Canvas, business analysis, innovation games, MVP, user story mapping;
- PMBoK, SWEBOK, CMM, SOX, ITIL, portfolio management;
- Scrum, XP (eXtreme Programming), FDD, Lean, Lean Startup, Kanban, DevOps;
- Unit testing, TDD, ATDD, pair-programming, automated testing, refactoring, 3C's theory, continuous integration, continuous delivery;
- Cobol, Assembler/360, Java, C/C++/C#, Ruby, PHP, Perl, SQL, Oracle, DB2;
- E-commerce sites, mobile sites/apps, distributed systems, high performance computing.