My name is Zeshan Ilyas and i graduated from Middlesex University with majors in IT and Business Information Systems and started my first job with a software vendor back in 2001.
I am Versatile, self-motivated Scrum Master. I have 15+ years’ experience in Digital and Agile Scrum projects, with proven strengths in, coaching at all levels from user and technical communities to executive boards and involved in Scrum activities across United Kingdom, Middle East and Pakistan.
I value my role in an organization and seek to help others interested in becoming a Scrum Master. I lead and participate in various scrum groups organizations and continuously look for software and methods to improve the Scrum process.
Gulf International Bank, Scrum Master/Coach
August 2015 - Present, Manama, BH
Working as lead Scrum master on a Retail banking project I am serving multiple teams of varying Agile maturity and responsible to Lead, Coach and facilitate cross-functional scrum team to deliver digital solutions on mobile & IB channels i.e. customer on boarding, Asset applications, SADAD bill payment solution and enhanced online customer experience.
My Key responsibilities are to:
• Coach leaders and teams through the transformation and provide necessary training to enable ideal management and team structures
• Facilitate weekly Scrum of Scrum (SoS) meetings
• Created and conducted training courses for Scrum masters and teams related to Agile practices, improving team dynamics and team performance
• Facilitate highly interactive scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, product backlog refinement/grooming, reviews and retrospectives on a continual basis. review and retrospective meetings
• Continually motivate teams to regularly inspect and adapt through the tracking and analysis of the systems flow (including metrics such velocity).
• Empower product owners and technical teams to succeed through effective planning including the definition of project goals, release planning sessions and ongoing estimation
• Coach multiple development teams of upto 40 developers and testers that includes .net developers, iOS developers, Android developers
• Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritisation, team accountability, and visibility
• Manage Microsoft ALM to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
• Train the teams to write good user stories, prioritize the work based on business value.
• Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable
Capgemini Financial services, Scrum Master
April 2014 - August 2015, London
As a Senior Scrum Master i worked on Digital transformation project at Co-operative Bank and helped HSBC to deliver Customer due diligence project on time.
Esperto Ltd, Scrum Master
August 2010 - March 2014, Milton Keynes, GB
My Key responsibilities are to:
• Manage web development processes using Agile Scrum and waterfall methodologies
• Enhance scrum values and practices
• Remove impediments/risks and help teams to be more productive.
• Facilitate Scrum ceremonies and hold daily scrum meetings
• Shield the team from external interferences
• Deliver multiple projects on brief, on time and to the agreed budgets
• Monitor quality of all project deliverables and communicate all necessary information to stakeholders
• Liaising with all project sponsors and stakeholders i.e. Product owner, Account directors, Company Director and marketing managers.
• Collaborate with in house marketing teams and SEO specialists
• Undertake project prioritisation with the business
• Manage Suppliers like Dotmailer, Amazon EC2 and ROI for Pageflex Storefront.
• Manage internal clients (Ledger Bennett PLC, Cirrus1.net) and external clients (Bluesky, Equiteq, French Entrée, Sage, Fujifilm)
• Manage on-going support (bugs, issues) and maintenance of client’s websites
• Manage and overseeing a team of 9 –10 on-shore and off-shore developers
• Manage JIRA Greenhopper.
• Ensure compliance to established W3C web standards are met
• Continually keep abreast of emerging trends and learn new technologies to help clients achieve technology objectives
Make recommendations to clients on how they can improve their organic listings and user Journeys.