Harvard University, Agile Coach and Change Leader
December 2015 - Present, Cambridge, MA, United States
- Organizational change management to improve Agile Maturity across 700 people in their Agile to bring the organization to be high performing and responsive to customer needs
- Support skill development through individual and team coaching, creating Agile basics courses, and facilitating workshops on Agile Roles and Responsibilities, User Story Improvement, Retrospectives, and any other topic
- Increase alignment with Stakeholders and Users by working with teams to increase visibility of their backlog and articulating value to be delivered over technical tasks to be completed
Elan Agility, Owner and Agile Expert
November 2014 - December 2015, Winchester, MA, United States
- Resolved challenges on existing teams to enable them to work better together, have better management support, serve as a model for other teams within the organization and feel more confident about their work
- Observed and refined Agile Scrum and KanBan techniques to accomplish Organizational goals
- Provide guidance on to Management to move to a more productive, value focused organization using Agile
The MENTOR Network, Senior Manager, Operation Systems
August 2012 - April 2013, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
I was responsible for managing a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts who worked on various scrum teams. I also served as the Scrum Master for 3 teams, developing and implementing enterprise solutions.
I increased use of Scrum and improved Agility of team and support of company, by creating team rooms, implementing big, visible boards, and educating team members, vendors, and customers on Scrum. Management's reaction was, “You get all your projects to Done!”
Fidelity (employee at CGI), Agile Coach
March 2011 - August 2012, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
I served as Agile Expert dedicated to 500 FTE BU distributed across 4 continents. I was the Lead Agile Coach responsible for transforming the Fidelity Central Technology Group (a 500 FTE BU distributed across 4 continents) from a waterfall organization into Agile. I stood up or tuned 12+ Teams (including 3 Data Warehouse teams) to execute work by focusing on accurate planning, excellent communication, risk management, and technical excellence using practices from Scrum, XP, Kanban, Fidelity Methodology, and my own experience. I ran training classes of up to 25 people on the Agile principles for planning and executing projects or releases. I co-authored Agile Maturity Assessment Tool and helped tune existing teams to improve process and behavior maturity to align with Agile Principles.
Harvard Pilgrim (working for Dell Services), Consultant
September 2010 - March 2011, Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States
I served as the Scrum Master on a number of teams. I served in the Product Owner role for my teams section of replacing the core function of the company. I was heavily involved in our planning games and improving processes for the Scrum Teams.
Siemens, Manager, Information Technology
October 2007 - December 2009, Malvern, Pennsylvania, US
I was the staff manager for 12 direct reports plus matrixed development members. I was the Product Owner for the homegrown and 3rd party tools and processes used to package and deliver our software systems within Health Services. I also was the Process Owner in a FDA regulated environment. I overhauled the Document Control process to enable 4,700 employees to meet all FDA QSR, 21CFR11, ISO 13485, CMM, legal, and business needs while limiting any impact of Scrum teams productivity. I implemented the training, created tools, and designed easy to follow processes to get to compliance. Received exceptionally positive feedback!
Siemens, Senior Product Manager
June 2003 - October 2007, Malvern, PA, US
I was one of the Product Owners in Siemens first group to use Scrum, starting in 2004. I gradually increased my responsibility to be the Lead Product Manager guiding 4 other Product Manager. We served as a working example for the rest of the division, company, and industry. Our success using Scrum caused Siemens to role Scrum to the entire HealthCare division.