Narinder Kamra, CompTIA Project+, PMP®, CSM®
Project Management Coach and Trainer
- Internationally experienced IT professional with 16 years track record of delivering IT Services and Solutions. Over 10 years of US experience to work with Fortune top 100 companies - Apple, FedEx, Lowes and Bank of America. Accountability of programs up to 15 M USD per year that encompass 100 technical team members at different geographical locations.
- Trained 30 batches in Portfolio, Program and Project Management and other best practices of PMP in mid to large sized organization.
- Expert in Stakeholder, Scope, Cost, Procurement, HR and Risk Management. Recognized in presenting Portfolio of 8 M USD dashboards to C level Executives in Fortune Top 50 companies.
- Diligent focus on Enterprise level Process Adherence and Compliance, Contract Compliance from Legal and Execution prospects.
- Corporate member of “Board of Syllabus” and Faculty Coach in one of the most recognized universities in India.
- Consultant in Process Improvements, Methodology Implementation, Business Analysis and Quality Assurance.
- Ownership in running Delivery Center of Excellence in Niche Technologies complying with International business standards and policies
- Expertise in Presales, Business Process Modeling, Cross Technology Solution and System Assessment
Scrum in Practice
- Trained and Coached Apple Localization Business and IT Teams in Transition – 8 Sessions
- Trained and Coached FedEx Teams in their transition from Waterfall to Agile practices, running 4 Sprints in Parallel – 4 sessions
Tools for Scrum –Version One and Jira
- Trained Apple Teams – 6 sessions
PMP- Risk Management Plan
- Trained Team in Lowes for Risk Management (Identification, Analysis, Mitigation and Contingency Plans) – 4 Sessions
PMP – Scope Management Plan
- Project Charter, High Level Scope and Budget – 2 Sessions
PMP- Stakeholder Management Plan
- Knowing your Business, Users, Influential Parties – 2 Sessions
PMP – Cost and Schedule Management Plans
- Budgeting, Performance Matrices, Task Dependencies, Critical Path - 2 Sessions
Experience in Organizations:
- vDoIT Technologies, India [CEO]
- Simplion, India [Head, Competency Development]
- Apple Inc., USA [Consultant Technical Project Manager]
- FedEx, USA [Consultant Program Manager]
- Lowes Companies, USA [Full Time IT Architect]
- AON Hewitt, USA [Consultant Senior Engineer
- HCL Technologies, USA and India [Full Time Engineer]
- MCA (Panjab University, Chandigarh) - 1999
- BSc (Kurukshetra University) - 1996
- Trained in ITIL, Six Sigma, SOX, PCI - 2009
vDoIT Technologies (www.vdoit.in)
May 2015 to Present
CEO and Corporate Trainer: vDoIT aims to soar high with a panorama view of competence as something that defines the employee and interests the employer. We at vDoIT firmly rely on the phrase ‘what gets counted gets done’ but the question of the hour is how do you know what to count or how do you set the definition of the skills, behavior and attitude that workers should possess to prove their roles efficiently and competitively.
May 2014 to April 2015
Head – Competency Development: – Introducing Strategies to improve Quality of deliverables with matured requirement analysis, agile project execution and assuring the best quality assurance for deliveries.
Introduced programs to control attrition and retention with an attractive Branding, Hiring and Orientation plans
- Initiated, Planned and executed a unique Competency development program – Elevator, focused on employee’s success in the organization. Revamped Talent Acquisition Processes.
- Owned and Executed Training plan with delivery of 40 Training Sessions in Management and Technologies.
- Delivered Trainings in PMP and Agile to 100 people team.
- Transformed 10 Projects to run in Scrum model. Revised Org structure to align the team with concise accountability of stakeholders.
- Owned Simplion’s first ever Campus Placement Program. Got success in getting top ranking in the list of 20 top branded companies planned to visit same Campus.
- Got Success in role of Management and Risk Consultant for around 15 Projects. Worked closely with 5 Delivery Managers and Technical Architects.
- Setting strong foundation for an independent QA Organization in Simplion with right focus on Agile based tools, procedures and processes.
Apple, Cupertino, CA, USA
May 2013 to April 2014
Program Manager: – Projects in this program had scope of machine translation of several kind of content being used for different Products marketed by the company. Product support for more than 25 languages in more than 50 countries needed handful CMS systems to systematically coordinate the content translation. Primary product – SDL World Server was used directly and also in integrated environment to server around 100 translation requests per day. OSB and JMS were the core systems for integrated service layer on top of the SDL World Server.
- Trained Apple Management [IT and Business] on Agile
- Managed Development and Maintenance of implementations in technologies – Oracle Web logic 12 C, OSB, JMS, SDL World Server, Splunk, Kona and Jira
- Led and Executed POC for Splunk integration with Translation Systems
- Coordination with Business for Requirements.
- Onboarding CMS Systems on integrated service layer.
- Stakeholder Management [Business, Technical Leads, Client Managers]
FedEx, Memphis, TN, USA
March 2012 to April 2013
Program Manager: – Pricing 01 Program was a Renewal Purple Core work stream that was planned re-engineer the pricing process architecture across the enterprise with the aim to get the fastest and most consistent response on a pricing request from Enterprise Sales and the FedEx end-customer (global or regional). Program was planned for 4 years to complete in 2 major releases comprising 7 Projects. There were 4 active projects in different phases following Waterfall and Agile methodologies. Oracle BPM, Oracle Web logic, and IBM WODM were prime technologies adapted for Program. Program was budgeted for around $3.5 M for 2 years
- Trained Business and IT on Project Management and Agile Best Practices
- Articulation of SOW [Statement of Work].
- Managed around 30 K Hours of Project work that includes 50 people working in onsite-offshore model.
- Managed Development Projects in technologies– ice faces, JPA, Hibernate, EJB, J2EE, Oracle BPM [Workflow Engine], IBM WODM [Rule Definition]
- Stakeholder Management - Business, Technical Leads, Managers, Director, VP
- Executive Reporting [Weekly Status to Director and Biweekly VP Deck]
- Team and Project Performance Reviews
Lowes Companies Inc. (Charlotte, NC, USA)
2005 to 2012
Project Integration Architect: – Program was aimed to provide corporate controlled and managed Scheduling and Dispatching of delivery of sale orders placed through variety of selling channels. This was an effort supporting Lowes objective of “Never Stop Improving” by providing customer an unmatchable service with the simplest possible experience. There were 40 onsite and offshore team members in IT and Business and program budgets around $15 M.
- Trained IT Teams on Business requirement Gathering Techniques.
- Architected System Integration for Program comprising 6 different Systems. Orchestrated Integration for Canonical Model for Data Designs on Interfaces. Designed Batch Processes for EOD and EOW.
- Led the detailed Integration workshops with Vendor’s IT Teams and 20 internal team members from different projects in the Program. Produced communication management plan and Updated Risk Register.
- Coordination with teams from Engineering, Business, Security, Infrastructure, Testing and Vendors to make sure that Project goals are being met, following the Objectives and Guidelines of the Organization.
- Assistance to Tower Lead and Program Manager in sorting out any Project Performance, Technical, Business, Staffing, Process Mapping or prioritizing Issues/Risk/Decisions. Shadowing of Project Manager
Technical Consultant: –Tax Flexibility was a step towards its international expansion. Scope was to enhance the Store Systems to incorporate the International Tax Rules and not yet covered domestic Tax Rules. Design of the current system was changed to do the tax calculation done by 3rd Party Tax Service Provider.
Technical Consultant: – Gift Registry Application covering a wide range of Lowe’s interface with its customers was a major step of Technology Innovation and Competent Stand in Home Improvement Business. POS, Web Site, Kiosk and Hand Held Devices had required a major architectural and technical change in the current Lowe’s system.
HCL Technologies Ltd. (Noida, India & Charlotte, NC, USA)
1998 to 2005
Technical Consultant (Hewitt AON): – Project was to develop ESS [Employee Self Service] and MSS [Manager Self Service] in J2EE Technology and integrate with People soft and Siebel through JMS. Application framework was to be used by several clients of Hewitt.
Software Engineer (NEC Japan): – Product FSA [Fortran Static Analyzer] was to help the FORTRAN users to statically and visually analyze their code.
Intern (NEC Japan): – ATVIU was an HCLT internal Project intended to generate test data for C-Code automatically with assurance of 100% code coverage.