Pearson Technologies, Technical Project manager / Scrum Master / Agile Coach
December 2011 - Present, New York, New York, United States
Working as an Agile Coach and Scrum master for "Sales and Marketing" group of Pearson Technologies. Worked on transitioning projects from Waterfall to Agile and coaching the teams to learn Agile for different levels like management, development and stakeholders / business. Formulating, developing and implementing ways / techniques for Agile Adoption within the company and for company’s clients. Helping Program office to adopt and define new processes needed for company wide metrics and necessary generic framework needed for different business units. Projects are following mostly scrum methodology but couple of projects we have started going towards KanBan. I have been coaching and helping the teams in adopting different techniques like TDD - Test Driven Development, CI - Continuous integration, XP- Extreme Programming, etc that are inherent part of Agile Framework.
Working on the projects that have geographically distributed teams and also have different vendor team members as part of the Team. For all the projects entire QA team is offshore with QA leads being onsite.
GlobalLogic, Specialist Engineering (Agile) and Agile Coach
December 2010 - September 2011, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
As a part of Globallogic CTO team and working on Agile Adoption and Strategic Planning of the company involving Agile initiatives. My responsibilities were:-
• Formulating, developing and implementing ways / techniques for Agile Adoption within the company and for company’s clients.
• Strategic planning for bringing in Agile for most of the client accounts and business groups.
• Guiding and training Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Scrum teams on how to use Scrum and how teams can be Agile.
• Conducting training sessions for Agile for different business units at different levels
McKesson Corp, Scrum Master and Scrum Coach
May 2009 - June 2010, Norwalk, CT, United States
My responsibilities were Project execution and guidance for three projects following SCRUM and Agile development (TDD - Test Driven Development, CI - Continuous integration, XP- Extreme Programming)
• Prepared transitioning framework (Traditional to Agile) for RnD department and executing this framework for organization to transition, Working closely with business, senior management and product owners, Helping the scrum teams with user stories and task breakdown, Preparing and presenting Release Burndown, Sprint Burndown and conducting daily SCRUM for all three projects, Interacting with business stakeholders and senior management to decide on priorities, resource allocation and budgeting, Coaching other Scrum Masters and teams for executing scrum projects, Risk management and mitigation using Product Backlog and velocities of the team, Coordinated the development and implementation effort within teams consisting of functional analysts, the front-end developers, database developers, testers and quality assurance team members
Bridgewater Associates, Scrum Master / Project Manager
September 2008 - January 2009, Westport, CT, United States
I was scrum master for multiple projects and was working in coordination with Senior Program Manager on project execution following SCRUM and Agile development(TDD - Test Driven Development, CI - Continuous integration, XP- Extreme Programming), Preparing and executing transitioning plan for the business and senior management to transition investments business unit from traditional project management to Agile project management, Prepared the Release Plan for the product release, Sprint planning, execution of sprints and presenting Sprint Burndown for the projects and leading daily SCRUM, Resource allocation and task prioritization was part of the responsibility, Interacted with business stakeholders and maintained proper communication between technology department and product management, Risk management and mitigation, Coordinated the development and implementation effort within teams consisting of functional analysts, the front-end developers, database developers, testers and quality assurance team members, Reported and presented the status of the projects to senior management, Consolidated project related artifacts and prepared reports for PMO, Assessed need and provided Cost-Benefit Analysis of any new request coming from business stakeholders.
December 2003 - April 2008, New York, NY, United States
Worked with HCL from Dec, 2003 till Aug 08 at locations in India and United states for their different clients. Was working as a project manager for different projects for different clients like, Maxtor Corporation, SmithBucklin, GE, etc and It was in HCL that I first time started working on Projects with Agile Flavor. First time I was involved in Agile project in 2005 when I was working for Maxtor Corporation. Since then slowly and steadily learned and started using Agile Framework for different projects for different clients.
CDAC, Project Lead / STS
September 2000 - October 2003, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Joined CDAC as STS and went on to lead projects in different domains including healthcare, commerce, governance, publishing. I was responsible for preparing the Project Plan and Project Cost Management Plan, Managing resource loading and resource leveling for onsite and offshore resources, Responsible for off-shore team co-ordination and client interaction to articulate client’s expectations, Preparing Schedule Plan for project deliveries per client’s requirements, Preparing the project plan for the enhancements and planned resource utilization, Implementing Risk assessment by maintaining a Risk Register consisting of recommended corrective and preventive actions.