GlobalSoft Inc, Engineering/Delivery Manager
November 2011 - Present, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
This is an organization with footprints in services and product. My role is to provide leadership in
• Product Development –
o Prepared a Product Development framework.
o Defined and implemented change management framework.
o Built the development and the testing team from Zero
o Defined the testing Process/framework
o Streamlined the Design, Architecture review process, this helped in taking
Complete ownership of delivery from IDC [India Delivery Center].
o Manage development & QA deliverables
• Consulting Management –
o Defined the Project Management framework for the client based projects.
o Responsible for the client management and the client deliveries for all the activities happening from India Development Center.
o Maintain the SLA compliance status & review the project performance on a regular basis with the client’s delivery management.
o Assess business impact, Identify risks and recommend improvement solutions to the client.
o Regular client interactions on a weekly status call, Sr Mgmt calls including on- site visit [their IDC]
• Technology Management
All the Product and client solutions are developed & supported on the J2ee [spring, JSF, etc…], MDM, LAMP & Oracle. To improve the technology footprint and bring in the diversification in the employee skillset, efforts are in place to setup the Center Of Excellence (COE) especially in MDM areas.
• IDC Org Policies & Process
o Contributed in defining certain Policies
o Defined the Organizations employee review and recognition process.
Being a small sized organization, it becomes very challenging to attract good
o Expanded the recruiter’s base and re-aligned the recruitment process. This has shown good results without compromising on candidates quality
o Successfully introduced University campus recruitment program, We got our first batch of students this year starting in July
o Introduced the Vendor management practice, this drastically improved the product delivery; this has now been adopted in other areas of organization.
Cisco , Engineering Manager
October 2007 - October 2011, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
• Leading a team of more than 75+ members.
• Member of global PMO team, drive global co-ordination, schedules, Identify potential
risks for the Program, Negotiate with the customer & provide over-sight for the global
• Responsible for all the development team & Support deliverables from India
Development Center [IDC] for external revenue generation web-applications and
internal business critical systems & solutions.
• Responsible for deliverable on various tech-stack which includes SaaS platform,
Weblogic Portal framework, Solution on Java Struts, Spring, Web-Services,
• Managing multi-Level Organization with concurrent 7-8 project at any point of time.
• Mentored the team(s) on the Web 2.0/Front-end development significance/Approaches.
Personally developed a front-end framework for Abstract plug-n-Play model
• Built the team from a task oriented approach to the project deliverables model
• Built the Local Architecture-Board, encouraging cross-pollination between teams,
working with the vendors through staff augmentation model and moving towards a
managed services model keeping SOWs in line with the Cisco standards. This had a
significant positive impact on the scope & the quality of work that gets delivered from
India Development Center [IDC]. The IDC capability was also enhanced by following
diff SDLC models where appropriate like waterfall & Agile.
• Engaged with the business stakeholders providing the on-going business critical support
[Includes Requirement Mgmt] & participate in the portfolio management process.
• Responsible for Teams performance, career growth. One of the Strategies utilized was
to mentor the Project Managers & other senior members, give right kind of exposure to
team members to enhance their productivity. Encouraged collaboration across multiple
teams for better co-ordination.
Arisglobal Software, Project Manager
September 2005 - September 2007, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
• Responsible for the development & delivery of the Domain product business line. Products is been developed on J2ee Platform & SAP composite Framework
• Managing Minimum 3 projects at any given point of time
• Lead the Team of 51 people.
• W as part of the strategic team to partner with SAP organization for developing a product based on the SAP-Technology. The modalities were discussed and initiated the separate product line.
• Improved the Products usability by Initiating a Usability Engineering Group.
• Improved products quality of deliverables by identifying the risks early & implementing the mitigation plans as needed, with the approach of Proof of concept, prototyping & by keeping all the stakeholders involved with regular communication.
• Improved Team composition through mentoring & aligning the organization objectives to project/team performance. This has raised their performance levels.
• Responsible for development of the product with a revenue target of $15.0 Million.
• Member of the Software Process Engineering Group to implement the CMMI processes & best practices within the organization.
• Coordinating with Product Management and Marketing, to understand customer requirements, their business process and usage patterns. Converting the requirements into the project objectives.
• Responsible for work allocation, Training, Career development, Performance Management, CMMI Process compliance & providing leadership to the team.
Oracle Corporation , Team Lead/Project Manager
May 2000 - August 2005, Redwood shores, California, United States
worked in two different groups in Oracle [Global IT & Oracle University]. Other than development work, below activities were also core for delivering the solutions.
• Interacted with the cross-functional organization in understanding their business needs
• Regular Co-ordination with the Delivery Organization to support their business needs
• Provided guidance on Enterprise Application Architecture based on business needs
• Responsible for the team’s performance & work allocation.
NetPace Inc, Developer
December 1997 - April 2000, Union City, California, United States
Was part of various product development activities and customer engagement projects.
Major contributions to the organization was
- Started the Wireless development activity using technologies like WAP,IBM voice XML,Java. This was
eventually developed by the organization into a separate product centric work.
- Consulting with the Government and corporate customers on developing technology solutions
- Contributed to the development of the Org product for developing a website that allows the
customers to manage there Golf Tee-Time
Akshay Software Technologies, Developer
May 1997 - November 1997, Bombay, Maharashtra, India
I was involved in the code, testing, deployment and customer interaction for the requirement analysis.
• Project was developed using Developer 2000 and Oracle Database.
• Wrote PL/SQL package and database triggers.
• Involved in SQL performance tuning.
NELCO Ltd, Developer
April 1996 - April 1997, Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Other than the coding activities, I also got the opportunities to work on
• Case study of the existing system.
• Internal customer co-ordination for the requirement analysis for the new system.
• Involved in Designing of the new system.
• Development was made using Developer 2000, Oracle Database.
• Wrote PL/SQL packages.
• Performed SQL Tuning
• Developed the Documentation using HTML – Relatively new way of documentation for functional/Technical details in those days.
Computact Software Services, Developer
October 1995 - March 1996, Bombay, Maharashtra, India
• Development of the application based on Developer 2000 and Oracle
• Clipper based Customer support of the application deployed at the customer site.