Certified Agile Skills - Scaling 1 (CAS-S1)
Learn New Skills for Scaling Agile Ways of Working
Scaling agile requires focused coordination, alignment of objectives, and change management within an organization to ensure that the flexibility, responsiveness, and customer-centricity that make agile effective on a small scale can be evolved and sustained on a much larger scale across enterprises.
The Certified Agile Skills - Scaling 1 (CAS-S1) course is tailored to organizational leaders, managers, and anyone wanting to ramp up agile scaling results.
You can supercharge your agile capacity and capability even if you're in the middle of an evolving scaling transformation or have never attempted scaling. This course is designed to meet you and your organization wherever you are in your journey to expand the benefits of agile teams.
What Will I Learn in This Agile Scaling Course?
Implement your strategy and deliver better results to your customers, faster. Scaling agility may be the right way to get there, and this course is designed to help you decide if scaling is the best path forward.
The topics covered in this course include the following:
- Understand the definition of scaling agile product delivery
- Find out why scaling so often fails
- Align scaling efforts with your enterprise strategy
- Achieve multi-team, multi-site agile product development to drive sustainable, lasting transformation
Please see the CAS-S1 Learning Objectives for an in-depth description of what you'll learn in this course.
Who Should Take the Scaling Course?
This course is ideal for change agents—managers, executives, coaches, and anyone participating in scaling within an organization who needs adaptable guidance and a tailored approach to the core aspects of scaling.
The CAS-S1 course is right for:
- Middle managers driving the change
- Executives who believe in the change
- Agilists who embody the change
Benefits of the CAS-S1 Scaling Certification
Ramp up the results of your agile efforts
Unlike prescriptive scaling frameworks, the CAS-S1 course equips you with the skills and knowledge to help you identify and explore principle-informed patterns that apply to your organization's unique and evolving context.
In this course, you will:
- Develop the skills and mindset needed to consider an approach to scaling
- Align your organizational principles with appropriate scaling patterns
- Understand the need to evolve your scaling approach
- Recognize the role of patterns in frameworks (including LeSS, SAFe, Spotify, DAD, etc.), improving the effectiveness of frameworks
- Explore the use of 'scaffolding' to aid your organization in moving in the desired direction
- Become a member of the world’s largest global community of agilists with opportunities to connect with peers, mentors, and subject matter experts
Pair the agile scaling course with the LeSS framework
CAS-S1 pairs well with LeSS courses available through Scrum Alliance course search. The skills you learn in CAS-S1 can help you apply LeSS across your organization. In fact, what you learn in CAS-S1 supports your ability to use any framework or even aspects of multiple frameworks.
Note: LeSS courses do not result in a certification from Scrum Alliance and are issued by The LeSS Company B.V. However, LeSS courses listed on the Scrum Alliance course search are provided by Scrum Alliance trainers. Participation also counts toward Scrum Education Units needed to renew your Scrum Alliance certifications.
Next Steps to Agility That Evolves With Your Organization
- Select a course from one of our experienced trainers and enroll
- Become a member of a global organization and connect with your peers
- Thrive in your career! Grow your agile skill set with the Learning Journey
Register for CAS-S1 Now
Discover agile scaling that adapts to your organization. Search courses to find a Certified Agile Skills - Scaling 1 class time, date, country, and format (in-person or live online) that works for you.