TEK Systems, Agile Coach,
May 2017 - Present, Bellevue, WA, US
Lead large scale Agile transformations and complex Agile delivery.
Partner with key stakeholders and senior leadership in constructing the foundation necessary for transforming from a waterfall or partial scrum framework to a Lean Agile framework.
Partner closely with multiple portfolio leaders and roles such as Portfolio Leads, Product Management, Product Owners, Release Train Engineers and Scrum Masters within the portfolios to establish lean agile routines and practices across multiple portfolios.
Track commitments, pace and quality of work.
Collect team data to show organization how to improve processes and increase productivity using lean-agile methods
Helping to define and manage a global metrics dashboard that measures and tracks business/team outcomes.
Demonstrate the ability to be a thought leader in Agile framework and methodology.
HCL, Scrum Master and Agile Coach,
November 2016 - May 2017, Redmond, WA, US
Lead adoption of Agile best practices and SAFe 4.0 for Digital Entertainment Group for wireline products.
Teach Agile overview to developers, QA and managers.
Lead preparation of backlog with business group, program manager and system analysts as well as dependent teams and managers.
Adopt new agile tool for tracking features, epics, user stories and backlogs at product, release and sprint levels.
Ciber at T-Mobile, Technical Delivery Manager
February 2014 - October 2016, Bothell, WA, US
Align with project teams, including project managers, architects, analysts, developers and test resources, to deliver functionality to the production environment. Project impacts may include front end, web, middleware as well as SAP and downstream reporting systems. Teams may deliver using traditional waterfall, agile or hybrid methodologies.
Vertafore, Senior Project Manager/Agile Coach
April 2007 - June 2013, Bothell, WA, United States
· Organizational change management: As software development project manager, lead transition of flagship product software development group of approximately 50 developers, analysts and quality assurance resources from traditional waterfall environment to Agile. Identified cross functional team profile, expectations, training and transition plan. Implemented and supported plan as coach and mentor for 4 years plus subsequent transition for other product teams.
· Facilitation and training: Built successful, collaborative teams by facilitating planning, brainstorming, task breakdowns, reviews and retrospective meetings. Trained cross functional team members in agile and scrum practices and provided training, tools and tips for teams new to scrum framework.
· Mentor and Coach: Worked with managers, product owners, scrum masters and team members to apply agile practices to software delivery across 3 major product lines to improve development and delivery. Identified individuals with interest and passion for roles, mentored those individuals to understand responsibilities and challenges and championed the transition into roles of product owner and scrum master.
· Leader: Champion and promote scrum practices and build trust across all levels including non-team members, team members, scrum masters, product owners, middle managers, senior managers and executives.
· Program management: Develop forecasting and scheduling reports for senior management. Identified opportunities to scale scrum practices across multiple teams developing on same product line for release delivery. Maintained release milestone and delivery dates for multiple products and identified cross product and critical path dependencies, and identify conflicts for shared resources such as application regression testing, data center release and implementation teams.
· Identify training and process to adopt software development best practices
· Provide continuity of across products engaging managers and teams
· Develop reporting tools, facilitate communication and manage expectations