POSSIBLE Mobile, Agile Project Manager
November 2013 - Present, Denver, Colorado, US
Agile Project Manager and Scrum Master for native iOS and Android mobile apps, responsible for managing full delivery lifecycle including business development, projects, operations, and client account relationships.
Helped to increase agile and lean techniques in the organization, through training, coaching, and leadership at the individual, team, peer, and organizational level. Clients and projects include a major professional US sports league (iOS), Better Homes and Gardens – Must Have Recipes App (iOS / Android), and Pac-12 Networks App (Android).
Segue Technologies, Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master
August 2012 - November 2013, Arlington, VA, US
As an Agile Project Manager for Segue’s Mobile and Website projects, I was responsible for managing client programs and projects, partnering with clients and development teams to deliver engaging and impactful solutions across Segue’s Commercial, Non-Profit, and Health verticals.
• Manage multiple client account relationships, including Five Guys. Point of contact for new work and operations and maintenance work, working with client to envisioning appropriate solutions.
• Manage native mobile app and mobile web development projects, including native Android, native iOS, mobile web, and responsive web. Agile Project Manager and ScrumMaster for multiple simultaneous development and operations and maintenance projects.
• Deliver frequent and valuable solutions using agile and lean approaches, focusing on delivering minimal viable products and incorporating frequent customer feedback.
• Coach and train team members on agile and lean project management and software development lifecycle approaches including Lean Startup, Scrum, Extreme Programming, and Kanban.
GEICO Insurance, Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master
July 2005 - July 2012, Chevy Chase, MD, US
Project Manager, Scrum Master - Web Application Development
Managed envisioning, development, and maintenance of two new web applications to support sales and service for a new line of business.
• Increased quotes by 150% and reduced handling time to complete sales and service processes by over 50%. Projects delivered on schedule with high customer satisfaction.
• Lead a distributed team of 10+ staff, vendors, and contractors, including design, development, testing, release, and maintenance activities using an agile Scrum methodology. Applications used by 1000s of external customers and 250+ internal customers to quote, sell, and service insurance policies.
• Built and maintained strong collaborative relationships between sponsor, customers, vendors, project team, and cross functional internal teams, including infrastructure engineering, quality assurance, usability, and operations.
• Facilitated envisioning sessions to create a backlog of user stories, and coached analysis creating more detailed requirements including process flows, use cases, and view specifications.
• Coached team members on Scrum methodologies and provided day-to-day guidance.
• Performed administrative responsibilities for team of direct reports including hiring, goal setting, performance appraisals, and coaching. Participated in corporate budgeting and planning.