I am an experienced professional with a strong track record in managing projects, programs, and engineering functions for developing products, solutions, and services. I have used agile and lean as well as traditional development and management methods. My experience includes working with co-located as well as geographically separate cross-functional teams in organizational settings ranging from startups to highly regulated industries. I found my hands-on expertise in programming, design, requirements and of working with customers to be invaluable in leading projects and programs. I also teach agile product development and management methods part-time at UCLA and UC Irvine and have solid experience in development of content and courses. In addition to CSM, I hold PMP and PMI-ACP certifications. I am also a senior memeber of the IEEE.
- technical and engineering management
- system analysis and requirements engineering
- project and program management using agile and lean
- software development and systems design
- coaching and mentoring individuals and teams
Ph.D. Systems Engineering, M.Sc. Systems Engineering, B.Sc. Electrical Engineering
Teledyne Controls, Program Manager
January 2011 - Present, Thousand Oaks, CA, United States
Leading projects, activities, and operations for LoadStar® Server Enterprise (LSE), a web-based solution and service for configuration management and distribution of on-board loadable software parts and data.
Synopsys, Inc. (Optical Research), Senior Program Manager/Software Project Manager
August 2007 - November 2010, Pasadena, CA, United States
Managed multiple projects for CODE V, a flagship product of the company used for the design, analysis, and optimization of image-forming optical systems. My projects involved end-to-end definition, development, and delivery of software releases using lean and agile methodologies:
• Led and delivered a major program to multi-core enable a set of complex scientific features in CODE V through use of parallel programming API’s. The program also included an outsourced project for implementing a heavily used algorithm on NVIDIA GP-GPU.
• Managed two full-cycle and three patch releases. The work included continuous interaction and coordination with diverse functions of the company.
Elixir Technologies Corporation, Senior Management
December 1999 - August 2007, Ojai, CA, United States
• As a Program Manager, led several major end-to-end programs for definition, development and delivery of software products and services in banking, documents management and archival.
• As Manager, Engineering managed worldwide software development operation of the company at four locations around the globe. Established several new functions in the organization including process management, product definition, requirement engineering, and quality management.
• Participated hands-on in requirement engineering and in software design and development in several projects and programs. Led definition and design of software products of the company and of products at client locations.
• Evangelized, initiated, and led a large worldwide process management program in the company. The effort encompassed many areas in productization and fulfillment. This resulted in transforming the company, that operated in the start-up mode for over 10 years, to a structured but agile organization based on a PMO.