3 PLUS 1 Consulting, Founder / Principal Consultant / Agile Coach
September 2013 - Present, Andover, Minnesota, United States
As a Coach and Trainer, instruct clients in the use of Agile software development techniques. Responsibilities include coaching, organizational transformation, course development and delivery.
Key accomplishments include:
· Completed an Agile assessment for a Fortune 500 financial products company based in the upper Midwest. Interviewed key stakeholders including senior management, compiled results and presented recommendations and roadmap to Director-level sponsor.
· Coached multiple software development teams for a Fortune 500 logistics company based in the upper Midwest. Observed teams and provided feedback to improve team delivery, dynamics and performance. Facilitated key team ceremonies including release planning, sprint planning, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives.
Watermark Learning, Consultant/Instructor
July 2011 - Present, Edina, MN, United States
Course development and instruction in the fundamentals and essentials of Agile including Scrum.
Savigent Software, Engagement Manager
September 2011 - September 2013, Minnetonka, MN, United States
Led a team of engineers in the delivery of manufacturing execution, operations and integration software. Responsibilities include serving teams as a Scrum Master, providing program leadership and account management to clients for projects valued in excess of $1m annually. Provided strategic direction and performance management for a team of 8 engineers.
Key Scrum/Agile related accomplishments include:
· As a Scrum Master served a Team that developed and implemented $150k Incident Management System for a manufacturer of commercial plumbing and heating equipment utilizing Agile Project Management techniques. Completed project on time and within estimated budget. Successful implementation of system led to an additional $500k of business.
· As an Agile Practitioner, developed and trained Savigent Delivery Team on ActivatorTM methodology, proprietary implementation methodology used in the implementation of Savigent’s products based on Agile principles and techniques.
· As a Scrum Master served a Team that developed and implemented a $100k implementation of a run-to-run control system at a semi-conductor manufacturer. Implemented project delivery structure based on Agile Project Management techniques, successfully completed project on time and within budget. Project improved client’s first pass yield from 40% to 95%.
Medtronic, Enterprise Integration Manager
February 2010 - September 2011, Mounds View, Minnesota, United States
Served a team of architects, technologists and developers charged with developing Integration Solutions for Enterprise Applications using Software AG WebMethods, SAP Process Integration and Informatica. Responsibilities included providing strategic direction, performance management and employee development for 20+ personnel based in China, India, and the United States as well as management of a $4+ million cost center.
Key Scrum/ Agile accomplishments include:
· As an Agile Manager, implemented a number of Agile/ Lean techniques to improve Team delivery and execution including Daily Stand-Up Meetings and a Visual Management Board. Baselined Team Cycle Time and “Work in Progress” in order to establish a foundation for future improvement. Team delivered 150 interfaces across supported platforms.
· Established the Medtronic Business Process Management (BPM) Program and led the implementation of the first Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) application at Medtronic. As a Scrum Master, served a cross-functional Team that delivered $450k pilot project in 12 weeks. Guided business users through pilot and led the planning for subsequent release cycles.
Medtronic, Field Services Development Manager
June 2007 - February 2010, Mounds View, MN, United States
Served a team of developers and testers serving all of Medtronic’s Sales and other field personnel through the design, development and testing of an application portfolio comprised of 30+ mobile smart phone applications. Responsibilities included providing strategic direction, performance management and employee development for 15 personnel as well as management of a $2.2 million cost center.
Key Scrum/ Agile accomplishments include:
· As a Scrum Master, guided the architecture, design, development and testing for Medtronic Mobile Express (MMX), a suite of Windows Mobile 6 smart phone applications aimed at improving the effectiveness of field sales force. Utilized object oriented concepts, C# .NET and Sybase Mobilink to develop applications for the $2.8 million program. Awarded 2009 Medtronic CIO Award for MMX application.
· As a Scrum Master, served a team that completed a smart phone application to estimate medical device battery duration less than 3 months after receiving initial project proposal from business.
· As an Agile Manager, serviced a team by guiding the development of Source Code Control, Code Review and Test Processes based on Agile Concepts and led the implementation of open-source tools to support them such as Cruise Control.NET and Subversion. These processes allowed the team to build the MMX application 2,000+ times and complete 1500+ automated tests, revealing over 2,000 defects prior to first release and decreasing defects by 50% over subsequent releases.