ADP through Insight Global, ScrumMaster
March 2014 - Present, New York, NY, United States
Organize and conduct daily Stand Up meetings.
Partner with Product Management to achieve maximum project return on investment and meet project objectives.
Manage sprint planning and execution which includes the management of project progress and provide status & visibility.
Participate in release planning and scheduling by providing empirical Scrum team statistics, identifying project dependencies, and creating velocity forecasts.
Identify and manage cross-team dependencies.
Ensure high throughput of development teams by identifying potential issues and roadblocks and working on preventing or eliminating them.
Work with Product Management, Business Analyst, Architects, and UI designers to plan ahead and ensure product backlog is prioritized, groomed, and has sufficient detail, so that it is ready to be worked on by Scrum teams to avoid any downtime, ambiguity or rework.
Facilitate issue resolution within the team.
Work in cross-functional project teams that include Development, Product Management, and Quality Assurance.
Facilitate Scrum teams that include team members in engineering, testing and product owner/product management.
Create and maintain release burn downs, velocity projections and project forecasts in order to create project visibility and enable timely project adjustments.
Vibrant Media, ScrumMaster
January 2013 - March 2014, Manhattan, NY, United States
· Ensure the Scrum teams uphold Vibrant Media’s Agile Manifesto and practices
· Mobilize the scrum teams to get them in a position where they are able to comfortably start projects from iteration zero (resources, environments, etc.)
· Identify and remove impediments for the teams, ensure the teams are focused on delivery
· Work closely with the scrum teams to create a product roadmap
· Report product roadmap status to the tech team, PMO & Product management
· Ensure that user story grooming is achieved so that the stories are ready to start being implemented at the beginning of each sprint
· Conduct planning meetings, scrums, reviews and retrospectives
· Manage business stakeholders
· Organize and facilitate sprint planning sessions, grooming sessions, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos/reviews
· Track and communicate team velocity through the use of burn down charts and sprint/release progress updates
· Ensure the scrum teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
· Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices
· Ensure the teams have the opportunity to inspect and adapt by reflecting on their previous sprint’s progress
· Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
· Empower the teams to self-organize
· Work with the teams to identify any cross project dependencies and manage these through to completion
· Work with the teams to define and deliver release/launch dependencies
Discover and communicate with appropriate customers across the whole company for each project and team
Video Gaming Technologies, ScrumMaster
September 2011 - October 2012, Ruckersville, VA, United States
· Servant leader to two teams comprised of software developers and quality assurance
· Coached newly formed scrum team comprised of software developers and Quality Assurance in the ways of Scrum.
· Served as liaison between technical and non-technical departments, communicating with other management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues affecting the Development Team
· Identified and removed impediments and prevented distractions.
· Worked within a collaborative environment to organize and facilitate backlog prioritization, arrange daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
· Tracked and communicated team velocity and sprint/release progress
· Maintained process documentation and ensured the development teams were practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
· Assisted Product Owner with backlog maintenance, internal and external communication, improvement of transparency, and disseminating information
· Assisted with prioritization and resolution of defects/impediments
· Assisted team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
· Conducted team building and working agreement meetings
· Facilitated discussion and conflict resolution
· Empowered the team to self-organize
· Held book clubs for Scrum team and for ScrumMaster group to provide Agile coaching
Continuous improvement through the use of pair programming and test driven development