Warren Santiago have more than 9 years of experience in application development in the IT industry and been engaged in Agile development for the past 6 years as a Developer, Business Analyst and Scrum Master.
In 2011, Warren successfully transitioned a project into an Scrum Framework through the creation/updating the project process to adhere to the agile framework such as doing refinement sessions with the customer and business analyst to create user stories, helps the team to do continuous integration and introduces the Scrum ceremonies to the team: Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective.
In 2013, Warren moved into a new company and worked with two scrum teams at a time and help the team on improve and refine their agile process.
In 2015, Warren acts as a Team Lead of Scrum Masters and continue to mentor and coach them on their agile journey.
CHAMP Cargosystems Philippines, Senior Scrum Master
April 2013 - Present, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Project Coordinator (September 2015 - Present)
• Act as a liaison between Development and Project Management on the project delivery for a major client
• Reports the project status to the Development Director.
• Works with 5 scrum teams and Product Owner to met the UAT Exit Criteria using Kanban approach.
Team Lead (August 2015 - Present)
• Mentors 3 Senior Scrum Masters and 3 Scrum Masters thru regular coaching
Scrum Master (April 2013 - Present)
• Works with 2 scrum teams (5 - 7 members each) at a time.
• Conducts a project reset (kick off) to give the team an overall understand of the product vision and ask the Product Owner on the priority of items.
• Introduced a Kanban based approach due to changing business priority and high volume of urgent customer incidents.
Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific Ltd., Technical Consultant (Scrum Master)
March 2009 - March 2013, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines
Agile Coach (May 2012 - March 2013)
• Mentors/coaches other Scrum Masters thru 1:1 session and leads the Community of Practices for Scrum Master.
• Leads the Agile Transformation Office and provides coaching and guidance on various projects and teams in adopting agile on a monthly basis or as needed.
• Conducted agile trainings and workshops for more than 200 people.
Agile Business Analyst (January – April 2012)
• Collaborate directly with the customer (regional experts and end users) in the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria; in-scope and out-of-scope per requirement.
• Works with the delivery team during sprint planning and backlog refinement session.
Scrum Master (May – December 2011)
• Transitioned a project into an Agile Scrum Framework through the creation/updating the project process to adhere to the agile framework
• Conducts the training for the team and other stakeholders in regarding the Agile Scrum Framework and how it is implemented on the project.
• Responsible for ensuring the Scrum practices and rules are enacted and enforced such as assist the team to plan and initiate the Sprint, conducting daily scrum meetings and following up with team members not completing work on backlog.
• Helps the team to be self-managing thru coaching during sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective meetings.
• Receives commendation from client (perfect score of 5 in Customer Satisfaction Survey) and internal ( HP Gold Awardee for the two releases).
Senior Java Scrum Developer (March 2009 - May 2011)
• Committed to delivering selected Product Backlog items within a given sprint
• Provide the estimates and effort needed for each requirement
• Conduct Design and Code Reviews on his peers
• Receives internal commendation (HP Silver Awardee) on providing technical support and leadership on delivery the Order Management project