Rose Hyde is a strong Agile professional with more than 15 years of experience in software development, maintenance and support activities. Her expertise lies in agile coaching across organizations, evangelizing and driving the adoption of agile, and standing up new Scrum teams for both the private and public sectors. Rose shares her Agile Scrum knowledge, training and briefing both general foundations and tailored material. Rose is a member of the Scrum Alliance and IC Agile communities.
Accenture Federal Services (Agilex), Agile Coach / Scrum Master
October 2011 - Present, Alexandria, VA, US
For a government client, enable multiple project teams to execute daily using Agile.
o Perform as Scrum Master facilitating the planning of SAFe-like increment and Scrum events.
o Coach teams in Agile Scrum and Kanban as appropriate for the team. Stand-up new Scrum teams.
o Guide teams in Kanban including setting up JIRA dashboards.
o Share Atlassian JIRA and Confluence administration, adding / maintaining user groups for both Scrum and Kanban projects. Coach teams in usage of JIRA/Confluence.
o Brief Scrum as needed, tailoring to audiences and given time slots, pulling together appropriate presentation material.
o Participate in knowledge sharing sessions with other Agile Coach / Scrum Masters.
Train and certify IC Agile for Agile Foundations, execute three-day training sessions.
Evangelize and drive the adoption of Agile Scrum for government client projects.
o Identify gaps in Agile Scrum knowledge and hold targeted Brown Bag sessions to enable teams in process and development best practices.
o Educate teams in Agile foundations, Scrum and Kanban. Guide teams in selecting either Agile Scrum or Kanban based on each team’s needs.
o Facilitate teams in the startup of Agile Scrum and Kanban projects.
o Coach teams in creating roadmaps, user stories and executing Sprint events.
o Assist team in understanding and following Agile development best practices on Continuous Integration and Automated Testing.
o Assist governance team in refining SELC deliverables and gates into an Agile model.
Execute Scrum Master duties for government clients as follows:
o Stand-up new Scrum teams starting with Discovery/Sprint 0 and begin sprinting when teams are ready.
o Conduct daily stand-ups and sprint reviews, retrospective, product backlog grooming and planning meetings.
o Facilitate the team in estimation of Product Backlog items with an understanding of the problem domain.
o Report burndown including risks, impediments, sprint and release progress using VersionOne and Rally tools.
Monitor the pulse and morale of the Scrum team, influencing the team spirit and create excitement around what is being delivered.
Thomson Reuters, Sr Manager, Technology
November 2007 - June 2011, Washington , DC, US
Drove a technology team of 16+ to successfully deliver development projects while maintaining an operational production environment. Completed end-user web applications, content ingestion and delivery applications, and RESTful web services in Windows environments.
• Delivered projects using the Agile Scrum methodology and Version One. Introduced methodology, guided and empowered team, held daily stand-up and iteration planning sessions.
• Planned and implemented projects using the waterfall development methodology and Microsoft Project, working both locally and across physically diverse locations, collaborating across teams with Product Management, Project Managers, Quality Assurance and Technology teams.
• Facilitated the acquisition of hardware and monitor costs to stay within a budget of a $1 million+ for Development, QA and Production environments.
• Collaborated with senior leadership to plan yearly product pipeline, technology infrastructure, and Customer 360 projects, contributing to business plan creation within budget guidelines.
• Guided staff in developing SMART performance goals and provide them with opportunity to successfully achieve their goals, including several promotions. Actively submitted teams and individuals for monthly and quarterly awards.