Emergn Limited, Agile Consultant
October 2013 - Present, Boston, United States
Providing value-added consulting services focused on optimized end-to-end solutions for bringing agility to business and product teams. Bringing a special focus on inspiring real organizational, culture, and team change through delivering value, improving flow, and increasing quality.
- Providing lead Agile, Lean, and Value, Flow, and Quality coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Establishing relationships with organizations looking to achieve an Agile mindset and gain business benefits.
Being Agile Consulting, Agile Consultant
January 2013 - October 2013, Boston, MA, United States
Provide Agile business and technical consulting to help transform organizations and product development toward Agility. A special focus on providing the business value and Agile mindset perspective to adoptions to bring about a more effective Agile transformation. Clients include:
- Provided Agile values and principles and Scrum training.
- Provided Agile Coaching within a Scrum context to strengthen team practices
- Coached in-session Scrum events and motivated improvement opportunities
- Strengthened Product Owner abilities and PO related practices (grooming, etc.)
Harvard Business Publishing (Watertown)
- Agile Champion and Scrum Master using collaborative approaches to transition team to use effective Agile Scrum practices.
- Educated team on applying done criteria, backlog grooming, personas, customer validation, user stories in canonical form, story points using fibonacci sequence, and more.
March 2009 - December 2012, , Massachusetts, United States
Provide company-wide leadership in the areas of Agile and Configuration Management (CM) to help transform product development by adapting to customer needs and market changes, and increase innovation.
Agile Champion who leads an Enterprise Agile Team using collaborative approaches to build the CA common Agile Scrum framework with effective Agile practices. Building out training to support the organization focusing on Agile Overview, Agile Scrum Team Foundations, Agile for Executives, and Agile Product Owner areas.
Agile Coach for numerous teams to help them adopt Agile methods. Applies a self-established Agile Adoption Roadmap where teams prepare during the readiness stage focusing on team roles, practices, etc, and then help teams deploy including training and in-session coaching and mentoring.
Agile Product Advisor for the CA Agile Vision product focusing on meeting customer needs, establishing appropriate messaging, training presales and sales teams, and providing content for Ovum white paper and marketing materials.
CM Champion who leads an Enterprise CM Team using collaborative approaches to build a common CM policy, process flow, procedures, and practices. CM Advisor for CM and ALM technology and infrastructure projects.
Fidelity Investments, Vice President of Methodology and Architecture
January 2001 - December 2008, , Massachusetts, United States
Innovative IT Leader who built relationships and provided progressive leadership in the Agile, Product Mgt, Infrastructure, Project Mgt, SCM, and IT Governance areas. Grew a SCM consulting business from scratch to serve over 100 products. Head of System Administration for Development and Test systems including server consolidation. Improved the company methodology including strong PM practices and promoted adoption from having 200 hits a month to the methodology website to over 30,000 hits a month. Established and deployed an IT Governance architecture practice from scratch to where all business units are assessing standards and reducing cost. Also established the first Agile Coaching Forum bringing together Agilists for the first time within my company to consider and implement new lean methods.