Tata Consultancy Services, Agile Coach and Program Manager
May 2015 - Present, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
As an Agile Coach and Program manager, i have dual responsibilities of transforming a large distributed BFSI program and sustaining and scaling the agile practices.
I am closely associated with the following responsibilities.
- Agile Coaching
- Agile Transformation
- Scrum Master Responsibilities
- Working with Rally
- People Management
- Dealing with leadership teams on driving transformations
In addition, I am working on full capacity as Program manager for my delivery program.
Apart from being a practitioner, I am also an established Agile and Scrum Thought leader and have presented in multiple in-house and external conferences. Recently, I have been awarded " Emerging Women Leader Award" for successful transformation and continuous delivery of my program.
Tata Consultancy Services, Scrum Master
June 2014 - May 2015, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Large Scale Agile Transformation on distributed agile program teams across Mumbai, Sydney, Chennai and Pune.
Kick started the team's transformations by coaching and setting up the Agile Manifesto foundations. I did intensive class room training for Team member's , Product Owners and Leaders to get them on the Journey.
Introduced and transformed from Waterfall delivery to Practicing Scrum . With added maturity, I worked with the team members for sustaining and scaling the agility. As a scrum master, i helped the team come up with blocks in the retrospectives and get comfortable with the Sprint ceremonies and artifacts. I also helped the team in quickly getting the impediments resolved so that their sprint progress is not negatively impacted.
Tata Consultancy Services, Senior Product Owner
April 2013 - June 2014, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
As a Senior Product Owner for a Global Consulting Client , i worked closely with my development team in India and customers based out of US. Used Mingle as the ALM tool and sprint schedule was on 1 week. I worked closely on slicing and dicing the user stories, helping the team understand the requirements and doing a pre-demo of sprint review with the team. I also mentored the new team members to get comfortable in understanding Agile and Scrum practices.
I was closely associated in the following functions.
- Requirements analysis, management & Product Envisioning
- Agile coaching & Professional development in Lean Software Development
- Data Mapping and Business Process Mapping
- Tracking Project Velocity & Release burn down charts for Release Planning
- Daily Coordination with Globally distributed teams
- Post implementation product review & Change Management
- User Experience research & User Adoption
- Facilitating Scrum ceremonies & regular retrospectives
- Fostering the open culture of Self-sustaining teams with Continuous improvement.
- Customer Relationship Management & Vendor coordination
- Strategic IT consulting for product roadmap aligned to the customer's vision and success criteria
Tata Consultancy Services, Module Lead
August 2007 - March 2013, New York, New York, United States
Module lead for the Global application support service model.
- Handled a team of ~20 members supporting applications across different domains like Knowledge management, recruitment, client engagement, appraisal evaluation, Firm publication management etc.
- Highly focused towards value addition to the Firm through strategic initiatives like improved customer satisfaction, high performing applications, Quality driven processes with collaborative & agile mindset.
- Successfully implemented the ITIL v3 best practices to bring improvement in service quality
- Transitioned to "User Centric Application Support" model to provide best in class User Experience
- Presented a case study with North America Pre-sales team - High Tech to prestigious Apple Customers @ Bay Area.
- Performed Usability analysis to improve the UX of the systems.
- Scrum Master/ PO responsibilities for the Kaizen / CIP improvement initiative in the service project.
Tata Consultancy Services, Developer
August 2005 - August 2007, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
J2EE developer for an HR enterprise application, Development using agile methodologies and Scrum.
1. Handled responsibilities as back-up Project lead.
2. Client coordination, Requirement gathering & analysis.
3. System integration and environment management.