SolutionsIQ, Agile Coach
November 2016 - Present, New York, NY, US
Training and Coaching of 7 teams in the eBay New York office
- Part of a company-wide Agile transformation moving teams from platform and component focused to product focused teams
The Economist, Delivery Manager
July 2015 - November 2016, New York, NY, US
Leading a global initiative to transform the subscription and commerce capabilities of the Economist as well as building a global marketing campaign solution. Managed the input of requirements into the team, the technical designs, and the building and testing across 4 teams.
NBCU, Director, Product Implementations
January 2013 - June 2015, New York, NY, US
Responsible for leading technical implementations of a common CMS, Identity Management, and Video platform across the organization. Led the successful re-launch of 4 of the company’s most critical brand sites as well as several internal sites. Initiated an Agile/Scrum framework spanning 3 teams delivering high-success rates and meeting deadlines and key business objectives.
The McGraw-Hill Companies, Scrum Master/Program Managaer
August 2012 - December 2013, New York, NY, US
Led a pilot program to build a Company Directory for Sub Contractors. Helped identify and resolve issues with the organization’s Agile process.
- Led the development, ETL, and Data Analysis teams to build a pilot program.
- Enhanced the team’s approach to Estimating and Planning.
Gear Stream, Agile Coach
May 2011 - August 2012, Raleigh, NC, US
Improved individual and organizational performance, including: strategic planning, leadership and organizational development, process improvement, product and project management, culture changes, and executive / team coaching.
- Transformed 7 NBCU development teams from inconsistent, unpredictable releases to delivering valuable features and enhancements to their customers every two weeks.
Created a planning and portfolio management process that enabled large projects to be broken-down into smaller deliverables across 7+ teams with visibility to all stakeholders.
Macmillan Publishing, Agile Coach
August 2010 - May 2011, New York, NY, US
Managed Web Operations team’s daily deliverables, managed small development projects to mitigate defects in production systems. Helped identify key areas of improvements and documented legacy systems.
- Introduced an Agile Kanban framework to improve visibility around the quantity and complexity of issues and help management better prioritize issues the team focuses on. Increased productivity of team by 90%.
- Organized team to better utilize team skills by leveraging an offshore team for repeatable tasks giving onsite team members ability to focus on more critical deliverables.