- Accomplished IT professional with extensive years of project management experience and deep knowledge of all aspects of Agile Methodology and Scrum software development framework.
- Certified Scrum Professional
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Certified Scrum Master
- IT analysis, IT support management and IT consultation.
- Skilled at establishing relationships and collaborating with all levels of professionals, including customers, managers and development teams.
- Served Honorably in US Air Force for 16 years.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Scrum Master
February 2015 - Present, San Antonio, Texas, US
- Leads two Scrum teams in Scrum framework to successfully deliver travel industry software applications.
- Coaches entire organization, consisting of four Scrum teams and mid-management members, in proper application of Scrum Framework.
- Developed training courses to instruct development teams in scrum methodology.
- Assisting in corporate transformation into an Agile framework. Suggested all major Agile goals adapted by organization for their Agile transformation road map.
Jacobs Technology, Software Engineer/ Scrum Coach
August 2013 - February 2015, San Antonio, TX, US
- Provide software engineering support to US Air Force Software acquisition and sustainment efforts.
- Provide technical specifications and requirements for software development
- Lead Agile Software Development professional
- Direct Agile and Scrum coaching events
- Provide Scrum training to software developers, business analysts, and software test team
- Developed road map and process to integrate Scrum while complying with strict USAF software procurement engineering processes.
Boeing Aircraft, Scrum Master
November 2011 - August 2013, San Antonio, TX, US
- Display expertise in conducting all Scrum Master responsibilities, in support of all local software development
- Provide expert oversight to the software development teams, consisting of software developers, software users, and software product stakeholders
- Spearhead and manage the software development for three programmers for all Boeing, San Antonio software development.
- Employ proficiency in handling the software development sprints, test, and delivery cycle for the Development Team
- Direct the usage of VersionOne for the application of Scrum methodology during software development efforts
- Function effectively as the interface between software developers and software users during the development, testing, and delivery of all locally developed software
- Guide users in accurately writing user stories and their assignment to sprints; collaborate with software developers in administering sprint assignments, sprint tasks, and test
- Assure compliance with all the client needs and delivery schedule during the software development
- Render assistance in creating test procedures for the developed software
- Facilitate the daily stand-up meetings with the Development Team and ensure on-time completion of software developers’ daily tasks
Articles I've written
Scrum and Continuous Process Improvement
While checking a ScrumMaster's checklist proposed by one of the nation's top Scrum practitioners, the very last item caught my attention. . . .
A Case for User Stories
One of the basic principles of Agile development is customer involvement in the project. The customer or user of the software is the single entity that provides what every Agile development team should most seek: customer satisfaction. . . .
The Two-Week Sprint Monster
I recently received a diagram that illustrated the integration of the Scrum framework in a government software development plan. It was well put together, but I noticed a peculiar item . . .