Capital One Financials, Scrum Master
April 2008 - Present, Richmond, VA, US
• Scrummed a team responsible for migrating legacy Card Offer Services from WLI to JAX to a new platform, while at the same time worked with the business to improve/lean business logic and architecture to use Restful API’s for increased efficiency and flexibility. And the sprint team delivering intent for the Credit Line Increase Program
• Jump-started and transformed two teams to deliver Card Customer Management intent using the Agile scrum method
• As the Credit Line Increase Program feature team Scrum Master, aligned 12 component teams to deliver intent for the Credit Line Increase Program and facilitated feature and integrated ceremonies, such as cross-team retrospectives
• Shepherded a sprint team that delivered 11 of the 16 regions needed to support the new Card Offer Services architecture; the other regions were assigned to a System Team to delivered in support of a SAFe framework
• Active participant of the Agile Power Group and other focus groups and community of practices, where I share views, recommendations, and experience with other scrum masters and implement ideas and improvements to accelerate the enterprise agility
• Coached the sprint teams that built the company Partnerships Data Warehouse, which converted and integrated Hudson Bay card data from First Data, Zoot, GE and Credit Bureaus. The warehouse of ~ 16,868 attributes was built incrementally by subject area over a period of 7 months
• Led the scrum team that converted card data from the Kohl’s acquisition, which included ~ 6,578 data attributes
• Scrummed the three s Agile teams that integrated data from several bank acquisitions (Chevy Chase Bank, Bank North and Bank South) into the company bank data warehouse to fulfill mortgage strategies, privacy compliance, and anti-money laundry screening requirements
• Managed the supply and demand for the Partnerships and Bank data warehouses intakes and had direct oversight and accountability for projects, enhancements, and BAU/RTE support as the tower project lead
• Owned project management activities for the implementation of a household matching algorithms and upgrade of the Customer Data Integration platform to Initiate Systems release 8.5
• Handpicked by senior leadership to bring back on track three scrum teams working to re-platform the Auto Finance Data Warehouse; while at the same time, coached them to adopt Agile best practices. They had a shippable product in 2 weeks
• Scrummed the Offer Repository and Application Persistence value streams for the Enterprise Sales Program / Integrated Loan Sales Platform, which delivered data models, DB2 environments, ETL jobs, and stored procedures
• Implemented the Agile best practices for the Bank Data Warehouse and Mortgage Data Warehouse programs in collaboration an Master Agile coach
• Jump-started and scrummed four Agile teams accountable for bank data warehouse intent, which included Account, Application, Collection and Recoveries, Scores, and Customer Contact value streams
• Established a Change Control and Schedule Management Process for the Enterprise Data Services PMO (before transforming to Agile) to improve the portfolio well managed state
• Led three large data conversions, which required integrated collaboration with many teams, precise minute-by-minute planning, command/satellite center coordination, training, validation plans and staffing across multiple platforms
Circuit City Stores, Project Manager
December 2007 - April 2008, Richmond, Va, US
• Developed a store wide production Support Plan for the Tablet PC Program. The plan encompassed support guidelines for the City stores, Service Desk, Integration Center, Depot, Store Infrastructure, and Application Support
• Established a resolution workflow and guidelines to monitor and manage performance, contingencies, and quality
• Performed pareto analysis to identify quality improvements, monitored and tracked the health and in-transit performance of the Tablet PCs, reported results weekly, and resolved issues threatening the program
• Prepared the User Guide, trained support staff, and worked with them to resolved problems
• Established a weekly reporting cycle for three functional IT groups (Operations, Application Development, and QA), prepared the weekly dashboard for the Innovation & New Concepts department, and supported operational activities
Altria (formerly: Philip Morris USA), Project Manager
April 2004 - October 2007, Richmond, VA, US
Telecommunications Network Upgrade Project
• Managed an $8MM project that upgraded the telecommunications network infrastructure of six buildings. The scope included the installation of structured cabling, redundant fiber optics, switches, and VoIP phones for over 3,000 people.
• Gathered Business and Infrastructure Requirements, which included the survey of data distribution points (DDPs), main and independent distribution frames (MDFs/IDFs), network equipment, office areas, plants and laboratories.
• Estimated job cost to obtain funding, prepared the Request for Proposals for vendors of different disciplines, and participated in vendor negotiations, scoring, and selection.
• Worked with Unions during the bidding process to negotiate a work release for vendors to perform the work.
• Collaborated with Facility Management, Safety, Security, Emergency Respond, and the building occupants to understand their requirements, meet expectations, and clear the path (i.e. remove project obstacles) for the installation.
• Executed and controlled the removal and installation of structured wiring, relocation of DDPs, re-architecture of IDFs, and deployment of redundant fiber over a period of three months.
• Provided direction to the team leads (i.e. foremen) running multiple shifts (60+ people/shift) to upgrade the voice and data wiring for over 200 users every consecutive weekend for a three month period.
• Delivered precise communications, gathered customer feedback, and reviewed lessons to improve the next rollout.
• Planned weekends’ execution tasks down to the hour and measured performance (true KPIs) every four hours to make the necessary workload adjustments to complete the work during the narrow weekend timeframe.
• Controlled capital and expense costs and verified invoices for completed T&M and fixed price work.
• Established relationships with customers to coordinate the installation of wiring and configuration and deployment of VoIP phones in common areas, office areas, and sensitive areas such as Legal Department, plants, labs, and classified rooms.
• Managed vendors: General Dynamics IT, CAMCOM, IBM, Alkat Electric, Creative Furniture, and Wakenhut Security.
CRT Fire & Security Project
• Managed the implementation of Honeywell security software (ProWatch, LobbyWorks, and DVM) required to support the security infrastructure architected for the new Center for Research and Technology building in downtown Richmond, VA.
• Ensured high collaboration among subcontractors to simultaneously install, configure, and test the building security wiring, server farm (7 IBM Sys X3650), 14 security stations, access control panels and video streamers, 302 door access devices, 62 talk-a-phones, and 94 surveillance cameras.
• Planned and managed to completion the project execution and control phase, and prepared required SDLC documentation to meet PMO/SOX compliance. Health check reviews passed without incidents.
• Drove IS Architecture and Security approvals with SMEs and kept focus on the project scope and critical path.
• Maintained communication channels open through frequent progress reviews transparent to vendor performance.
• Pressed for continuity in the mitigation of risks, resolution of issues, decision making, and closure of action items.
• Managed vendors: MCDean, Techway, Hourigan Construction, IBM, Wakenhut, Harmon, Pleasants Hardware, and G&B.
Call Centers VoIP Software Integration Project
• Managed a $1.5MM project that delivered Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and Recording Software for three Call Centers generating over $75MM per day in revenue.
• Worked with the call center managers to define, a zero failure tolerance, Project Plan and Business Requirements for replacing antiquated infrastructure, IVR software, voice recording system, and reports.
• Ensured that all Business and Functional Requirements had been captured and traced into the software call flows, telephone carrier service, recording functionality, management reports, and test cases.
• Encouraged scope control and transparency among vendors and customers to meet the deadline.
• Coached call center leads during the preparation and execution of Test Cases and Business Continuity Plans.
• Prepared and managed the execution of Test Plans, Training Plans, and Transition to Support Plans.
• Prepared and executed the Risk Management and Detailed Rollout Plans that successfully transitioned each call center.
• Conducted a Business Impact Analysis, prepared Disaster Recovery Plans, planned and executed disaster recovery exercises, and addressed Lessons Learned upon completion of each DR exercise.
• Managed vendors: IBM, SpanLink, Cisco, and Witness Systems.
Cigarette Manufacturing Plant IT Support
• Managed a support team of six onsite and three offshore consultants responsible for the support of over thirty Cigarette Manufacturing applications and project requests.
• Prepared and carried out a Game Plan to improve the support team performance and customer satisfaction levels.
• Established needed processes and controls to manage individual progress, technical change management requests, issues, risks, decisions, action items, and team performance.
• Conducted a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threat (SWOT) analysis to prepare a strategic Support Plan for implementing individual change management. The execution of the plan resulted in lower support effort hours, improvements in schedule and cost, and diffusion of SME knowledge across less experienced resources.
• Leveraged offshore resources, realigned workload, and focused on a RAD approach to turn around a $232K Pilot Plant Operations Project that developed a software application for building and tracking manufacturing models.
Managed Service Provider Project
• Managed the implementation of a Managed Service Provider application for the Purchasing department, which centralized and automated the requisition of temporary staff.
• Collaborated with customers to define the Business and Functional Requirements for integrating a staff augmentation workflow and processing invoices for payment through the company SAP R3 system.
• Worked with third party software vendors to integrate the workflow and build the necessary custom software for transferring and processing data, in addition to generating Accounts Payable reports.
• Coached and supported business customers during the preparation and execution of test cases.
• Managed customer and vendor expectations and maintained focus on accountability to keep the project on track.
• Prepared and held Project Board Meetings where the health of the project was reviewed with directors and managers.
• Prepared Service Level Agreement and transitioned support, in addition to other performed project management duties.
• Managed vendors: Quantum Resources, Staff Pillar, Keane, and iGate.
Short Duration Projects
• Managed the following work, with duration of less than four months: Guest Wireless Access Portal, Network Printers’ Move, Leaf Data Mart Planning Phase, and Spend Analysis SAP Data Load.