Andy Pagan has been working in project management for over 4 years, a great majority of which has been spent learning and implementing Agile practices. Though an active part of different Agile development teams, he recieved his Scrum Master certification in 2013 when he became a full-time Scrum Master for software development teams.
Andy recieved his bachelor's degree in Mass Communication from the University of Utah, after which he joined the United States Air Force as a linguist. After the military, he began working in project management in Healthcare while also earning his MBA. Since then, he has been a proponent of Agile philosophies in project management.
ARUP Laboratories, ScrumMaster
February 2013 - Present, Salt Lake City, UT, US
- Perform all duties of a ScrumMaster
- Facilitates team meetings including planning, reviews, retrospectives, and daily scrums.
- Helps Scrum teams create and update artifacts including backlogs, burndowns, and task boards.
- Help identify and remove impediments
- Understanding and practicing agility
ARUP Laboratories, Project Specialist
August 2010 - February 2013, Salt Lake City, UT, US
Helped in various project management capacities.
Facilitated project meetings
Gather and write requirements
Maintain high levels of communication among all interested parties
Monitor progress and schedules